LUKANETTE S4 - MEGA LEECH - PT 2

Meanwhile in the police car, there is a call on Roger's phone and he answers it.

'Miss Bustier, is there a problem with Sabrina?' he asks.

'No, your daughter is fine. However, there is a problem with Ivan and Mylene. They weren't doing anything wrong, were they?' Miss Bustier asks.

'Well, it's complicated. I'm escorting them home, just following orders' Roger replies.

'Well, I'm ordering you to bring them back to Place des Vosges. I'm coming to get them' she replies as she ends the call. Then she addresses the entire class. 'Follow me, everyone. Today's class will be dedicated to civics education with real-life practical experience.' The class eagerly starts to line up in front except Alya who starts to record a video from her phone.

Alya speaks on her video blog. 'Hey, Ladybloggers! Just because there aren't any supervillains attacking Paris right now doesn't mean there's nothing super going on.' She shows Miss Bustier opening the door. 'We've never seen Miss Bustier so worked up, so get ready to see some action. Stay connected, peeps!'

Back at the Place des Vosges, an audience had gathered around the side of the square with Mayor Bourgeois.

Roger had just brought back Mylene, Ivan and Amber and they had gotten out of the police car.

Luka and his friends looked worried as Mayor Bourgeois is about to cut down a tree with a chainsaw, when Miss Bustier calls out abruptly: 'Mr. Mayor, what are you doing?!'

'I am rehabilitating the Place des Vosges square' he replies.

'By cutting down a tree?!' she replies.

Mayor Bourgeois looked slightly embarrassed. 'Yes, but, I- Mylene Ivan and Amber cut him off by continuing to protest, as Officer Roger shushes them.

Mayor Bourgeois looks at him angrily. 'Uhm, Miss Bustier told me to do it' Roger says sheepishly.

'And who pays your salary, Roger?!' Mayor Bourgeois asks him.

'You do, Mr. Mayor. I, I mean, Paris City Hall does' Roger replies.

'Then you obey me! Take those troublemakers right back home!' Mayor Bourgeois demands.

Roger is about to turn around to Mylene, Ivan and Amber when Miss Bustier stops him.

'Roger, don't do this!' she pleads.

Roger looks at the two, confused. 'Whose orders am I supposed to follow?'

'Stop Project Oxygen!' Mylene cries.

'See?! I can't rehabilitate in peace. They're disrupting my ceremony!' the Mayor complains.

'That's because your project is unethical and uneco-friendly!' Amber cries out.

Mayor Bourgeois was indignant. 'Nonsense! Look here!' He clicks on the remote.

They all gasp when they're about to see the commercial. The commercial starts with the Tsurugi brand and the Gabriel brand. Smoke is around caused by the cars and the factories belching smoke.

A voice over is heard. 'Because air is life, the city is teaming up with Paris's most significant investors.' The smoke slowly covers the sky, in which a mom and her daughter felt hopeless. The Oxygen Tower releases the breeze of fresh air. 'To transform pollution into pure fresh air, that will then be sold in unique containers designed by fashion mogul, Gabriel Agreste.' Adrien is then seen floating over the clouds spraying some fresh air around him.

Adrien says: 'Oxygen isn't just a breath of fresh air. It's life itself!' He sprays the entire screen. 'Oxygen! Get a whiff of life!' It ends with the Oxygen Tower with Adrien and the Oxygen Tower.

Marinette turned to Adrien. 'You're supporting this?!' she said, amazed.

Adrien was defensive. 'I didn't know! Father told me it was an ad for a new cologne! I swear, I had no idea!'

Kim was impressed. 'So that's rehabilitating? It actually looks kinda cool.'

Nino was confused too. 'Yeah, what's not ecological about it, Mylene?'

'It's super eco-friendly, it'll de-pollute the air in Paris and make it fresh!' Rose says as she spins around frantically.

Mylene sighs disappointedly. 'You're letting yourselves be fooled by pretty pictures shown like that. Project Oxygen seems great, but when you look closer at the details, it just doesn't hold up. In reality, they're cutting down our best natural filters, trees!' She motions with her hand to show all the trees in the park. Then she points to the picture of the Oxygen Tower. 'And replacing them with artificial filters, their tower, and making us pay for all of it!' Amber looks sadly at Mayor Bourgeois. 'Mr. Mayor, instead of destroying all these trees, wouldn't it be better to build more parks?'

Mayor Bourgeois looks down. 'Well- '

Chloe interrupts. 'Who cares about a lame ugly tree when you can have a gorgeous designer container from Adri-kins' daddy, Gabriel Agreste instead?' Adrien looks down sadly. 'Besides, there'll be a tree on the label, much prettier than the real thing.'

Mayor Bourgeois cut in. 'And the floor in the tower will be built with recycled wood from the trees we cut down. Very eco-friendly.'

'And real trees have to be watered. Talk about wasting water!' Chloe adds.

Mylene starts to get scared when Marinette and Amber each put a hand on her shoulder.

Marinette winks at her. 'Mayor Bourgeois, perhaps Mylene, Ivan and everyone have misunderstood your project. Do you really want to take away the trees, a natural and cost-free air filter, and replace them with a tower that will absorb polluted air? So that afterwards, you can clean the air and sell it back in plastic bottles. The same bottles which will become trash and pollute our oceans?

'Yes, that's it' Mayor Bourgeois replies. All of them gasp; Marinette smirks. 'Uh, I mean, no. Of course not! It's not that simple. Ecology is complicated, especially for children your age. Leave these things to the adults.'

Alya continues to film and faces the camera on Mayor Bourgeois.

'So actually, your project is all about cutting down our trees and closing our favourite park.' Alya says as she faces the camera on Miss Bustier.

'And if Mylene and Ivan and their friends are trying to stop this, then we are on their side!' Miss Bustier replies.

'It's true. The Mayor's solution for fighting pollution is misguided!' Amber says.

'Like so many other so-called miracle solutions that are supposed to deal with ecological problems, the thing is there's never just one simple solution that can fix everything. What we need are lots of small solutions that can tackle the problem all at the same time. That's why there has to be a lot of us all working together' Mylene says.

'Good thing you and Ivan got involved to stop this, but why didn't you guys tell us about it? The whole class would have come with you!' Marinette asks. Ivan comes to Mylene, both looking sad and disappointed.

'We did, Marinette. We've been demonstrating against Project Oxygen for the past six months and we did everything we could to get your attention. I'm so glad that there are other teens like Amber, Joshua, Owen and Luka who care as much as we do.'

'Sorry Marinette, things had been so busy lately, I forgot to tell you about the protest' Luka said.

Marinette smiled. 'That's okay Luka. We're so sorry. We were just so busy doing... I don't know what it was we were doing.'

'We're so lame' Rose says sadly.

Mayor Bourgeois yawns rudely. 'This is all very touching, but I've got a project to launch.'

Mylene and Amber stop him. 'Stop Project Oxygen! Stop Project Oxygen! Amber holds Mylene's hand, who holds Mari's who holds Luka's and Miss Bustier and all the other classmates all hold hands together blocking their way as they start to join her protest. Alya, on the other hand, takes a video of them.

'Stop Project Oxygen! Stop Project Oxygen! StopProject Oxygen!'