LUKANETTE S4 - GABRIEL AGRESTE - PT 1

Shadow Moth looks out the window from his lair.

'Ladybug, ever since you became the guardian of the Miraculouses, something has been different, and believe me I will find out exactly what it is!'

The lair window closes shut.

Later, at the Agreste mansion's repository, Gabriel is in front of Emilie's cryogenic pod.

'Tonight, Emilie, our rings will once again be united. I've invited your sister and Felix. I have every intention of getting back what he stole from me' Gabriel says.

Gabriel puts on the ring.

Inside the Graham de Vanily car, Felix is watching the LadyBlog on his tablet.

Alya's voice over is heard. 'The Miraculous are magical jewels that give powers to superheroes, like Ladybug's earrings and Cat Noir's ring. But supervillain Shadow Moth also has two Miraculous brooches in his possession, and they give him his powers. We can figure out from this that the Miraculous can either make a superhero or a supervillain. It's all riding on who wears it, which is why these jewels can't fall into just anybody's hands. That's all for today, guys! See you soon, and stay connected!'

Felix puts down the tablet. 'I hope we'll get to see some superheroes while we're here in Paris, mom.'

'That would be pretty exciting, wouldn't it, darling? Amelie replies.

At the Agreste mansion, Adrien comes to the door of Nathalie's room bringing Nathalie her lunch. He knocks on the door.

'Yes?' Nathalie replies.

Adrien comes in with the prepared food.

'Thank you, Adrien' Nathalie says.

'My father doesn't want me to invite my friends from school tonight' Adrien says sadly.

'But there will be some teenagers here, like Chloe and Kagami' Nathalie replies.

'Yeah, but only 'cause their parents are members of his club' Adrien sighs.

'These club members are influential people in Paris. They are very important to your father, Adrien' Nathalie replies.

Adrien looks sad. 'And my friends are very important to me.'

Nathalie thinks for a moment. 'You know, one of the waiters for tonight has come down sick. I wasn't able to find a replacement. Maybe you could ask your father if one of your friends from school could fill in? They will be paid for their time, of course.'

'Really? Thanks Nathalie! I hope my father agrees' Adrien smiles.

Adrien turns to leave the room when his father enters the room.

Adrien builds up his courage. 'Father, can I ask a friend to fill in tonight for the waiter who is sick?'

Gabriel thinks for a second. 'Hmm, very well...but they will be here to work, not to socialize. Please go now, I need to speak to Nathalie about something important.'

'Yes father, thank you father!' Adrien says happily as he leaves thinking about who to ask.

Adrien walks out of the room, closing the door. Gabriel sits beside Nathalie and takes off his spectacles.

'I'm having a difficult time without your help, Nathalie. I realized now how many people it would take to fill your shoes' Gabriel says.

'You're not thinking about cancelling the party, are you?' Nathalie asks.

'I can't, the members of the club wouldn't understand. Also, Felix will be here with Amelie' Gabriel replies.

'I've made a list of everything that has to get done tonight' Nathalie says as she hands him a tablet, while Gabriel puts on his spectacles.

'You'll just need to follow the instructions. The most important things are in red.' Nathalie says, as Gabriel scrolls through the list of instructions, on the tablet. 'Check the staffs' identities, make sure the robots are set to the proper program and don't forget to activate the cellphone scramblers, so the party stays private.

Nathalie offers him a sandwich.

'Have you had lunch?' she asks.

'Not yet' Gabriel replies, as he takes the sandwich. 'Thank you.'

Adrien thinks about who he should invite to help out. He remembers his father saying that they are there to work, not socialize. Nino would only want to play around Adrien thought. I need someone nice and with a good work ethic. I know! I'll call Marinette!

Marinette was hanging out on the Liberty with Luka and her friends from school, when her phone rang.

'Adrien? What does he want? He never calls me' she said as she answered.

'Hey Adrien, what's up?'

'Hey Marinette! My father is having a party tonight and one of the waiters fell ill. Nathalie was having some trouble finding a replacement, so I asked if I could invite a friend to fill in. I thought of you since you did such a great job waitressing at the Ladybug and Cat Noir animated movie premiere. What do you say? Of course, you would be paid handsomely for your time!'

'Uh,' Marinette replied. But Alya had overheard and was nodding like crazy.

'Sure! I'd love to help out!' Marinette replied.

'Great! Party starts at 7, staff arrive at 6:30. Sarah, the head waitress will show you what you need to do. See you tonight!'

'Why so eager for me to say yes, Alya?' Marinette said after she hung up.

'This will be the longest any one of us has ever even been allowed in the Agreste mansion!' Alya said.

'So? Your point?' Mari asked.

'Maybe it's just the reporter in me talking, but my point is, maybe you can get some good gossip in there! Think about it, Gabriel Agreste is so secretive, he's such a recluse: he barely even leaves his house unless it's absolutely necessary, don't you find it kind of weird?'

'I guess, but I don't want to betray Adrien's trust in me' Mari said.

'What betray, I'm just asking for you to keep your eyes and ears open! What's wrong with that? Adrien doesn't have to know! It will be just between us!'

'It is weird he barely goes anywhere' Alix piped up.

'True, he is a very mysterious man' Mylene agreed.

'Then it's settled! Mari will be our eyes and ears in the Agreste mansion tonight!' Alya said.

'Kinda like an inside job' Juleka mumbled.

'Ooh, we could try these earpiece communicators I got for my birthday!' Rose said.

'Who gave you those?' Zoe asked.

'I think it was Kim, was never sure what I would use them for, but now seems as good a time as any!' Rose replied.

'Isn't your mother going Zoe?' Mari asked. 'How come you're not going?'

'My darling half-sister managed to convince our mother to not let me go' Zoe replied. 'I'm not disappointed. To be honest, I'd rather hang out on the Liberty any night of the week! Parties of this calibre are usually BOR-ING!'

Everyone laughed.

'Stay safe, my melody' Luka said, and squeezed her hand. 'And try to have fun.'

'I will, my prince!' Marinette replied.