LUKANETTE SEASON 4 - SOLE CRUSHER - PT 2

After Luka dropped me off at school, I went up to my group of friends to chat.

We weren't chatting for long when suddenly we heard Chloe's voice

'Hey you nobodies! Stop your meaningless chatter for a minute and listen up! This is uh... This is Zoe. She's only my half-sister for now but you must still treat her with respect, so bow down...uh, I mean give her the welcome her status deserves!'

I smiled. I didn't think to ask what school Zoe was going to! This would be a great opportunity to introduce her to my friends! Although I had no idea her family was Chloe's family.

'Her sister? Chloe has a sister?' Rose said, surprised.

'If we're lucky, she'll only be half as horrible' Alya nudged me.

'Relax girls! I met her at the bakery earlier. She's totally nothing like Chloe. She's actually really nice! And besides we shouldn't make snap judgments about people before we get to know them, right?' I asked as we all look at each other.

I smile and walk up to Zoe. Chloe was whispering something in her ear.

Then Chloe says, 'Still loafing around, Dupain-Cheng?' She laughs. 'Hello, she's a baker's daughter, get it? She keeps laughing. I decide to ignore Chloe and her silly joke.

'Hey, Zoe. What'd you think about the macaroons? Good, huh?'

Chloe looks at Zoe surprised. 'What?! You know Dupain-Cheng?!'

Zoe looked uncomfortable. 'Y-yeah, we've met. This clueless klutz knocked me down! So, she gave me some super, uh... disgusting... macaroons thinking that it would be enough to make up for it, but since I have good taste, I threw them out.'

I felt shocked and sad. As I walked away, I could hear Sabrina ask her: 'Can I do your homework?'

********

I texted Luka: I'm worried about Zoe. She never told me that Chloe was her half-sister. She's acting differently to the nice girl we met this morning.

Luka: Don't worry. If she comes to the Liberty tonight, we'll talk to her, let her know she can be herself around us.

I texted back: You're right, thanks my love!

Luka: See you later my melody <3

Later, in the art classroom, my friends and I were painting. I told them what Zoe had said when she was with Chloe and how confused I was.

'I don't understand. When I met her this morning, she was so nice!' I said.

'That's crazy. Chloe's influence is so toxic that she's managed to corrupt her sister in a few hours!' Alya replied.

'We gotta get her out of there!' Alix said.

'Who will take her in?' Mylene asked.

'Do you think we can adopt her?' Rose asked happily.

'She's a person, not a puppy Rose!' Alix replied.

'Let's just talk to her first. I'll handle it' I said.

********

After school, I was up in my room. I decided to text Zoe.

I asked the Kwamis for their opinion. 'Why did she become so nasty when she was so nice before?'

'Maybe she was...hungry?' Daizzi suggested.

'Hmm. I'm sure the real Zoe is the one I met the first time. I hope I can get to the bottom of this' I said.

'As long as you're acting with kindness, Marinette, you can't go wrong!' Tikki smiled.

'Mm-hmm!' Mullo agreed.

'Thanks guys! Well. I'm off to the Liberty early to help set up for rehearsals. Let's go Tikki!' I said as Tikki flew into my purse as I headed out the door, texting Zoe on the way.