STRIKEBACK - THE AFTERMATH

Ladybug had detransformed back into Marinette in secret. She ran all the way home, with the realisation that her loyal friends, the Kwamis, were gone. She began sobbing with sadness again. She reached the bakery and ran inside.

Her parents met her. 'Oh sweetie, we just saw the news!' Tom said. Sabine hugged her. 'Don't worry honey, everything will be okay! We all believe in Ladybug and Cat Noir! Monarch may think he has won but don't worry! Ladybug will fix everything, you'll see!'

It was at this moment Mari wanted to tell her parents the truth more than anything. She had so many questions for them. What if Ladybug can't do it? What if she doesn't have the strength to go on? What if she feels so completely defeated, she just wants to give up? What if she feels like she's lost everything?

Mari continues to sob. 'Honey...' Sabine said, stroking her hair. 'All of Paris believes in Ladybug. She has all of Paris behind her! Ladybug is not in this fight alone if we remain strong and stand with her! What do you say?' she smiles, pulling her out of the hug and looking into her eyes as Mari felt a bit better.

'That's my girl!' Sabine smiled. She wiped the tears out of her eyes as Mari managed a slight smile.

'Thanks mom!' Mari said softly.

She went upstairs and as soon as she opened the trap door, she ran over to the miracle box, hoping... praying... that by some miracle the Kwamis would all come flying out and this was all some crazy nightmare.

Luka walked up to the bakery about five minutes after Mari got home, knowing home would be the first place Marinette would come back to.

'Hello Mr and Mrs Dupain-Cheng' Luka greeted them, in a more sombre tone than usual.

'Oh Luka...' Sabine sighed. 'Marinette is taking the news pretty hard.'

'I think she really needs a close friend like you to cheer her up right now' Tom added.

'Maybe if you could talk to her. Let her know we all need to be behind Ladybug. If we all stand together, all of Paris will never let Monarch win!' Sabine smiled.

'I will do my best' Luka replied, managing a small smile.

'That's my boy!' Tom smiled.

Luka walked slowly up the stairs to Mari's room and knocked on the trapdoor. He could hear muffled sobs coming from behind it followed by a quiet 'Come in.'

He opened up the trapdoor and saw Mari sitting on her loft bed. She was already in her pyjamas. She looked at Luka, her cheeks wet with tears and her eyes red from crying.

'Luka...' she whispered.

'Melody...' Luka replied sadly, as tears started coming down his cheeks as well. He hated seeing his beloved melody sad. He climbed sadly up to her loft bed, Mari was holding the miracle box in her lap as Tikki sat silently on the bed in front of her, her eyes welled with tears also. Luka sighed and sat behind her and put his arms lovingly around her waist. Mari sighed at his touch and managed a slight smile. He could always say so much not saying anything at all.

'I was hoping that by some miracle they would all be here to greet me when I got home. That this was all just some nightmare I would wake up from' Mari said softly, sniffing back tears. 'But the nightmare is real. The box is empty. They were more than our allies; they were our friends. And now I've lost them. And it's all my fault!'

She puts the box down and turns around and sobs into Luka's shirt.

'Shhh....' Luka says, rubbing her back soothingly. 'This is not your fault my angel. It was Risks doing.'