Chapter 1 - The Blue Lemon

(Songs for this chapter -
Here & Gone - MISSISSIPPI TWILIGHT
Hear Me Say {Kream Remix} - JONAS BLUE & LEÓN
Keeper - HANA VU)

PRICE POV

"You sure this is going to work?" I ask Laswell.

"Yes. Just go in and ask for the wolf special and Coyote will do the rest. I've even used it a few times myself." Laswell assures over the phone.

I exhale hard, annoyed. "Fine, contact you when it's done." Hanging up the phone, there's no need to talk any further.

If I didn't owe her a favor or dozen I would of declined and got Gaz to do this kind of crap. But Laswell insisted that I be the one to do it. Not sure why just yet but I will find out.

I pull up in a dark side street, the central ones are too busy. Normally this would be bizarre on a Thursday night at 11:30pm but not here in The Disposal. Chaotic place, suburb of Birmingham that's been turned into a mercenary hub. Can get yourself almost anything in here, and if you can't they know where or how to get it. It's a rough place to exist in, I know several other officers who have tried to get people on the inside but to no avail. Shouldn't be surprised Laswell has a contact in here, she knows all the right people to get any job done.

There's no street lights, just neon signs of shops or flashing from clubs lighting up the footpath. Riots of color fighting over the grey washed out space. All different kinds out in the street, drinking, racing, fighting, men bored looking for trouble, women offering it. Anything goes at any time of the day or night in this place. Authorities haven't been able to control it for over a decade. But the place has its own set of rules and so far hasn't interfered with anything outside it's borders so they turn a blind eye. You are on your own if you venture in here though, no use calling for help, it will not come.

I'm looking for a club called The Blue Lemon, Laswell said it's on this side somewhere and that her contact will be there tonight. Weaponry is in a few shop fronts, stolen military tech in another. Clubs, bars, and underground casinos on every other block.

Bloody hell there really is everything here, I turn down another street. In the distance I can see a simple blue neon sign in the shape of a lemon. That must be it. Laswell wants her contact, named Coyote, out but they are refusing to leave. So shes asked that I come in make a few check-ins, and work out a way to extract the contact without harming their cover but also getting them out safely. Not exactly easy but I've had to deal with worse.

As I get closer I can see two people guarding the door. I was given a card so that shouldn't be an issue. It's quiet literally a card. The six of hearts, but it's blue and the 6 numbers have been replaced with blue lemons. I dressed as nondescript as possible, jeans, beanie and a jumper but now that I've been out on the street and seen every walk of life, that was irrelevant.

I walk up to the entrance, there is a man slightly bigger than me and a small woman, he has a sidearm on his hip and a baseball bat resting on his shoulder. She's equipped with a shotgun. Nothing I haven't seen but at a club door is a little different. They look at me and I flash them the card, the man nods and looks back out to the street.

"No weapons." The woman says, chewing on gum. Gesturing for me to put my arms up. I do so and she quickly pats me down.
"Enjoy." She smiles as she stands to the side of the entrance, allowing me in.

The walk way is dimly lit by blue light, twisting and turning towards the place, the music getting louder as I get closer. A few women in very little clothing access me, one even winks but I ignore it. I'm not here for anything of the sort.