Chapter 78 - Not What It Seems

(Songs for this chapter
Crawl - CHRIS BROWN
Suppose To - BLU EYES
Carry You - RUELLE)

GAZ POV

Chloe is practically bouncing out of her seat. She hasn't stopped talking to May and Paul about Coyote. Now that they've told us that she sent them to watch over us. Well it opened the flood gates.

I can see some of the things she says upset them, Chloe doesn't know about her past so she doesn't understand, I'm sure they have picked up on that and know she isn't doing it on purpose, she just doesn't know.

There was so many times I wanted to tell her, wanted to explain what had happened. But it's not my secret to tell so I stayed silent. Plus the Cap would kill me if I spilt Coyotes secret, even to Chloe.

We finally pull up at the new base, I'm very happy to be back I missed the team. The Cap, Ghost and Soap are all by the motor pool waiting for us.

Paul, I mean the general gets out first. Still not use to that. Can't believe I didn't realise who he was. May next, then I get out after Chloe.

Shit.
Something's happened.
The air around them feels different.
They all look like death.

"John!" Chloe yells excitedly.

"Good to see you're well Chloe." He answers more like a corpse than a person.
"Sir, May, Gaz. Glad you are all in one piece."

Where's Coyote?
Oh no, don't tell me.

"Where's Ali?" Chloe asks still in her happy voice not realizing something is very wrong.

Prices face shifts slightly before he nods at the general and turns to leave. He looks to myself and May in concern and then back after Price as he walks away.

Fuck this isn't good.

"Ghost where is Aliya?" Chloe asks more distressed as I reach out and grab her hand.

She's now thinking what I'm thinking, anything but that please.

"It's okay Chloe she's alive." Soap says to the four of us all anxiously waiting for answers. Soap looks at Ghost for a moment then back at me.

"Coyote and Tank appear to have become a... so there is a bit of tension right now." Soap says in his lying voice.

Tension, you couldn't walk through the air it's so tense right now. I wouldn't have believed it even he had finished that sentence.

"No they didn't!" Chloe very vocally interjects.

"Chloe." May says trying to calm her down.

"That's not true, I know my brother and I know Ali. He will never move on from Sara and she will never move on from John. What's going on tell me the truth!" She says so determinedly, she's anxious and worried for Coyote. She has been for weeks.

"Men." Paul says in a stern tone of voice, trying to get them to speak up.

"We aren't allowed to talk about it." Ghost finally says. He looks a wreck, like he hasn't slept in days.

The way soap said that, 'appear to have'. Like he was trying to tell us something without saying it specifically.

Chloe starts erratically looking through her bag. She finds her phone and starts to dial. Her fingers tapping on the phone while she awaits an answer.