Chapter 55 - Maybe

(Songs for this chapter -
Tough Guy - BENEE
Juice - LIZZO
Crave You {feat. Giselle} - FLIGHT FACILITIES)

COYOTE POV

"You look too delectable in that." His slippery voice echos over the bar from my right side.

While an over sized red blazer is something I would of never considered a dress, with my leggings, boots and 'Price shorts' hidden underneath. I do think I look cute, but I don't want to hear that from him.

"Xander." I dismissively respond without looking up from the drinks I'm making. No one else would speak to me that way and we both know it.

I'd like to jump over the bar and beat the crap out of him while giving him a piece of my mind but I have to bite my tongue. I move down the bar slightly and hand the drinks to Jenny. She glances between Xander and I but I dismiss her with a nod, I can handle him.

"Scotch on the rocks with a twist." He orders as he sits down. Tapping his fingers on the bar, staring at me while he waits. I don't need to look over, I can feel his eyes bore into my face and body. He always wants what he can't have, this is just a game to him.

I make his scotch, exceptional slow. To the point he huffs out in frustration. I place the drink down in front of him but as I release it he grabs my wrist. I dart my gaze up to his face, but my furious glare doesn't intimidate him into letting go.

"I'm sorry my men hurt you, that wasn't my intention or orders." He says as he releases my arm.

"Just to injure my friend." I snap back.

"Friend?" He asks looking over my face. His eyes are always dark and hardly ever show emotion.

"Yes friend." I lie, like I am going to tell this power hungry man I'm spoken for and in love with John. He'd make sure he disappears before sunrise.

"Hmm" he grumbles before he sips his drink. I'm not sure if he believed it but he doesn't have a choice right now.

"Look Xander," I start as my eyes look behind him to see Tank and Moose walking closer, keeping an eye on us.
"We've both dealt a blow to one another. Why don't we just put everything behind us and start again okay?" I say impatiently. I promised the boys I would try to be civil.

"I'd like that." He smirks, reaching his hand out to shake mine. I look up at Moose behind him, he's nodding and Tank is raising his eyebrows at me.

"Good." I reach out to shake his hand back, I hate every second of it but the sooner I clear the air, the sooner it's over.

"You were quiet impressive in my fighting pits, are you coming back any time soon?"

"You haven't lost enough men?"

"More than I want to be without but the crowds love you and you bring in more money than any of them combined."

My presence there does keep the club, the girls and Ed under more protection, as much as the boys hate it.

"We could discuss the idea of me making a weekly appearance." Annoyed looks come over Tank and Moose but Xander couldn't be smiling more if he tried.