Chapter 92 - Very Us

(Songs for this chapter
Dizzy - AZURE RYDER
Yours - ELLA HENDERSON
House - JOY.)

COYOTE POV

I slowly stir awake.

Stir awake, I didn't jolt awake, I didn't wake up crying, I didn't have the nightmare.

I roll over to look at John but he isn't there, sitting up so fast as panic takes over.

- I'm down stairs making breakfast xx

The note he left stuck to his pillow, he knew I'd panic if he wasn't here when I woke up. He's so kind.

I'm in his bedroom, his house. The whole place smells like him, the musk of cigars, clean sheets, and his cologne fills the room. It's calming.

I wonder into the en-suite to another note stuck on the mirror.

- Use anything you like xx

I suppose I was asleep a while, can't expect him to stay in there with me for too long.

- These are for you xx

Is the note stuck to a green jumper and some flannel track pants next to the sink. This one makes me giggle, has he put them around the whole house? Like Chloe and I use to do.

I change into the clothes, avoiding the mirror while I undress.

- You are breathtakingly beautiful, don't ever think otherwise.

Is stuck to the glass of the shower door, the man knows me, he knew I'd look away. I walk over and take that one off the glass, my eyes watering at the site of it.

I know he wouldn't be so shallow as to think my new scars made me ugly, but it didn't stop me from thinking it. From worrying about what he would say.

But as usual he's kind, patient and incredibly loving. I won't let him down this time, I'll be better.

I leave his room realizing I don't know the layout of the house, I wasn't exactly paying attention yesterday.

Of course John thought of that too, there's an arrow in the hall pointing left, I follow it to find the stairs. Theres a few photos on them, One of Laswell and John at some kind of sporting event. Cute. The 141 boys covered in mud, Gaz and Soap look happy, Riley and John looked annoyed. There's a few medals, and even a photo of John from his selection. He looks so young and handsome.

At the bottom of the stairs is a picture of me.
It's the same one John gave me back at the outpost, from the officers ball. I didn't want to take it but John and the photographer were very insistent. I felt awkward and self conscious but John pinched my bum right at the last second and made me laugh.

It's a lovely photo, we look good together.

I can hear John humming in the kitchen from here, I follow the calming sound of his voice to find him by the stove. I can't tell what he's cooking, his back is to me. But I can tell that his shirt is just a little too tight for his shoulders.

I can see all the muscles in his back and arms, it's making me weak in the knees. I forgot how much he makes my skin tingle just by existing, but he has to be completely romantic on top of that and turn me into a drooling mess.