Chapter 5 - Chloe

(Songs for this chapter -
Bad At Love {Generik Remix} - HALSEY
Love Lies - KHALID & NORMANI)

PRICE POV

Chloe is my new favorite person.
Coyote was hell-bent on saying no, now she and Chloe are navigating me to their place. Coyote is very protective of her, she must see her like a little sister. The speed in which she came out that door, gun ready. And not just ready but aiming to kill. Shes had sidearm training that's for sure, obviously she had to have had some kind of training to be here undercover. But Chloe doesn't and seems far too innocent to be here. She's young, slightly younger than Kyle if i was to guess. Maybe she doesn't have a choice, would explain why Coyote has taken her under her wing.

"It's the one with the blue door John." Chloe points it out as we drive up their small one way street. I pull up in front of a rustic apartment block, looks to be two levels of apartments. All the doors are different colors, tiny fenced courtyards next to each door. And every window on the second floor has a small balcony, the place is old but quaint.

Chloe is out of the truck straight away, Coyote and i get her shopping bags, majority of them are hers as i discovered on the way out of The Blue Lemon. Coyote hasn't said much, nervous possibly. She's still wearing the necklace, i noticed the chain around her neck when she got in the truck. It's stuffed inside her shirt but she still has it on. It made my chest feel tight, sitting up a little straighter in the truck as we left.

"We're on the second floor." Coyote states as we walk up behind Chloe unlocking the door. It opens to a tiny 6ft square foyer and then stairs leading up to their place, a large shelf of different shoes next to the door, followed by three sets of black boots that are slightly different on the floor. Not hard to work out whose is whose.

I drop the bags and undo the laces on my shoes, taking them off and placing them neatly next to the boots that i know are Coyotes. Chloe flings her shoes into her already overflowing pile before grabbing her shopping and running upstairs. Coyote leans over to unzip her boots and my jaw clenches. I look up the stairs not wanting to be rude and gaze straight at her ass. Once she's up right again i grab the remaining bags and follow her up the stairs.

She stops at the top and turns around to face me, i almost run into her. She went to put her hand on my shoulder but stopped herself at the last second. My heart rate still went up at the prospect of her hand resting on me.

"Don't judge the place too much, i had almost no say in the decor and we were either given or salvaged all the furniture." She's embarrassed, that's why she's quiet. She knows i'm a captain, she thinks because i get paid well i will look down on her for how her place looks. I mean yeah i have money but i don't really spend it, i'm not into material crap anyway.

"Sounds charming to me." I try and assure her i'm not going to judge. She chuckles at my response, turning to walk in the door.

The kitchen and living room are basically one room, a window on the back wall is all that separates them. The bathroom and a bedroom just past the kitchen, the other bedroom off the lounge room. No furniture matches but i kind of like it, it suits them. Postcards all over the fridge and microwave, plants stuffed into the small balcony off the kitchen window. The three chairs around the tiny dining table are blue, pink and yellow. More pillows in the living room than fit on the couch. The wall behind the TV and book shelf is painted to look like a rainy street at night.

"It's lovely." I say to Coyote who is throwing the shopping bags into Chloe's room.

"Ow!" Correction, at Chloe.