Chapter 20 - My Little Raindrop

(Songs for this chapter -
I Forget Where We Where - BEN HOWARD
Maybe - JAMES ARTHUR
Fallen So Young - DECLAN J DONOVAN)

PRICE POV

"I meant it when I said I'd be your storm cloud whenever you need it."

"And right now you need me."

I can see all her walls have come down and she's finally listening to me. I keep wiping her tears away, looking at her as lovingly as I can. She is so beautiful, even when she's upset and hurting. It just makes me want to care for her all the more.

"John." She whispers it, too afraid to speak out loud.

I move my hand down her neck to her necklace.
She hasn't taken it off since I put it on her, as much as she tries to resist, the fact that she's wearing it means she cares about me a lot more than she lets on. 

"I went to four different jewelry stores before I found this for you."
At hearing me say that she leans in and kisses me, finally.
Letting me in, letting me have her back.
I don't need games to win her over when she responds so much better to the truth.
I wrap my arms tightly around her waist and hold her against me. It feels so good to have her in my arms again, I've been aching for her all week.

Her lips are burning for me, tears coming down her face and skimming mine. Her hands run up my arms to my shoulders holding onto me like I'm the only thing keeping her standing. I pull her body in closer making her back arch, I can't get enough of her.

I have to let go of her lips before I get too carried away and lose control. I don't want to push her into anything she isn't ready for, i want to be with the real her and i'm more than willing to wait for that. She also had an exhausting and painful night, I need to fix up her injuries.

She looks at me with such wanting eyes it's hard to resist her, I look down and away. I was distracted trying to keep her calm that I didn't notice she's only in a sports bra. Fucking hell, god help me and my needy hands.

The scar I've seen on her neck, it goes all the way down her chest, I move myself back from her a little. It's a branch like pattern of red lines that's goes across her entire chest, down her left shoulder slightly and a little onto her stomach as well. It looks like electrical burns, how have I not seen this and more importantly who did this to her.

I touch her gently moving my hand from her neck and across her shoulder following her scar along, studying her, she has lots of other little scars, almost as many as I do. She tilts her head to the side, ashamed. I put my hand on her chin and make her look back at me.

"I think you are absolutely stunning and completely sexy. You ruin me."
She tries not to but a sweet smile comes across her face.
"You broken?" It looks older, healed but I want to check either way.
"Always." She whispers. I know why she says that now, she's talking about her heart.
I hope she'll let me try and fix it, i want that more than anything.

"Can I get those splinters out of your shoulder and arm for you? It must be painful." She looks shocked for a moment but then narrows her eyes at me like I knew she would.

"You came up with Venom didn't you?" She looks at me annoyed, but pleased at the same time. I smile back and bring her hand up to kiss it.
"I knew something was up she doesn't come to the fight pits."

"I asked, rather insistently." I scoop her up into my arms moving her over to sit her in one of the kitchen chairs while I get her first aid kit off of the fridge. "I couldn't go to the Blue Lemon again and not see you."

"Again? You kept going even though I wasn't there?" She spins around in her chair to look at me.

"I went every night, even Monday." Her expression changes to an adoring one and she puts her hand to her heart.