Chapter 51 - Self Worth

(Songs for this chapter -
Wish On An Eyelash Pt2 - MALLRAT & THE CHAINSMOKERS
Lights On - H.E.R.
In My Mind - LYN LAPID)

COYOTE POV

"John." I call out to him but he doesn't wake. He's moving a lot it must be bad.

I try and shake him awake but that doesn't work either, he's anxious and sweating. Its making me panic, I just want to help him.

"John!" I shout with more fear in my voice than I wanted, grabbing his face at the same time. He jolts awake breathing hard.

"Aliya!" He cries out for me sending pain through my entire body. I've never heard his voice that devastated.

"I'm here my love I'm fine, I'm right here with you." I reassure him. Getting closer to his face so he can see me.

"Aliya are you alright? Are you hurt? Let me see you!" His shaking hand grabs the back of my neck and jaw as he pulls me on top of him, putting his leg over mine and trapping me against his chest.

"I'm here everything is okay, we're both okay. I love you." I say calmly kissing his cheeks.

"Thank god." He sighs out catching his breath. I keep my lips on his temple, he always responds to my touch and it really calmed him down the last time. It kept us both calm.

"Are you alright my love? Do you want to talk about it?" I run my hands through his hair, his heart is still beating extremely fast.

"I'll be alright, just stay right here my darling."

"Always."

He's in and out of sleep the last few hours of the night, but never goes into a deep sleep. I worry about him. I laid on his chest, stroking his hair when ever he seemed restless. I would do anything for this man and I hate seeing him in anguish.

The moment the sunlight comes in the window I feel him stir and his hand slide around my waist.
"Hey handsome."

"Morning gorgeous, you didn't move." His voice is deep and husky giving me goosebumps.

"Of course not, I had to keep you safe." I wiggle slightly as I say it and he chuckles.

"Thank you sweetheart, I love you." He whispers in my ear.

"Are you sure you're alright John?" I softly speak, like saying it too loudly will bring it all back to him.

"I'm always alright with you around." He utters smiling at me.

I help him get his sling and bandages off before he struts into the shower. He thinks he's so slick, I know he just wants to see me naked. Luckily for him I love him so I will comply but nothing else, he's still recovering.

"Darling are you getting in?"

"Calm down hotshot I'm coming." I sass back at him as I undress. His eyes glued to my movements, that little smirk on his face is a dead give away. I roll my eyes and giggle at him as I open the door.

"Hmm hello baby doll." John utters before he pulls me in, pushing me against the tiles his body following mine. His muscular chest pushed so hard against me my breasts feel like they're in my throat. His hands on my hips delicately tracing his fingers over my skin.