Chapter 7 - Pretty

(Songs for this chapter -
Thoughts - SASHA ALEX SLOAN
Wait a Minute! - WILLOW)

COYOTE POV

Why does he have to be good at everything. The man is in infuriating. Well, he's not, he's wonderful. I'm just flustered.

Sitting on the edge of the tub in our bathroom trying to calm down. I told him my name, I mean Chloe basically had already but I filled in the blanks. What the hell am I doing, what is he doing to me.

He hesitated, he may be all too happy to flirt but he hesitated. That's all my mind can focus on, all my negative thoughts taking over. If he was as attracted to me as I am to him, he wouldn't of hesitated. Like he could be attracted to me anyway. But he did ask me to spend a day with him, not here just us. I can feel his warm body still under my hand. Shit I don't know, I don't know what to think.

I take a deep breath. I look over at myself in the mirror, my throat feels tight. I used to think I was pretty but I just find it less and less believable now. I look back away quickly, not wanting to let too much emotion come to the surface.

I change my clothes, and redo my hair. Looking at my hands, the chipped nail polish, the scrapes and cuts on my fingers. They're always there. The second they heal more just appear. The bars, the fights, the missions, everything. Each one leaves its mark.

No. I'm not going to do it this time, I'm not upsetting myself again. I am pretty. I open the bathroom door and sneak into Chloe's room. I go to her vanity and use some of her makeup. 
I'm not so naive that I don't know what I'm doing but Chloe has given me tips occasionally.

CC cream, mascara, eyeliner, tinted lip gloss I think. Just subtle I'm not going anywhere that I need more than that. I stop and look at myself once I'm done. I wish I could say it makes me smile but I don't have a lump in my throat and I think that's as good as it'll get right now.

Chloe comes to her bedroom door and sees me.
I shh her before she has a chance to say or yell anything.

"You look so beautiful." She whispers as she comes over to me.
"I like him, i think he's prefect for you." She smiles.

"I don't know Chloe."

"Aah. You said one chance." She insists.

"We'll talk tomorrow when I get home okay, I'll explain then."

"He's still in your room. Smoking a cigar." She smiles raising her shoulders and eyebrows.

My room is going to smell like him for days, I both love and hate that. Chloe pulls on my arm trying to get me up. I take in a deep breath, holding the necklace in my hand.

"Go make his jaw drop." She whispers as she winks at me.

I walk out of her room and across the lounge into mine. He's in the same spot I was earlier looking outside. My mind starts to imagine him standing there shirtless, I'm looking at him from my bed waiting for him to come back to me. He looks over to me in bed and smiles when he sees me.

The day dream makes me smile. It's a nice picture. I won't try and push the thought out, this one I'll keep.

"So you want to stay here all night or would you like to walk a girl to her door." I say it as sweetly as I can.