Chapter 81 - Fragile

(Songs for this chapter
Exhale - SABRINA CARPENTER
Feel Like Shit - TATE MCRAE)

ED POV

"So Lucas thinks I should get a hair cut, get rid of the shaggy and look a little more defined." I say as I sit down next to her.

"He's always been the most stylish one of us so it's not surprising he's trying to convert me as well." She slowly takes a sip of her tea but she doesn't answer me.

Lucas says it's foolish to keep pushing her but I don't. She is slowly getting better every day. It might take a long time, but she's still getting there.

The morning sun coming through the window makes her look almost like she's not real, an angel or a ghost I'm not sure.

I know this was long over due. She's been holding back, running from her grief and past for so long, everything was bound to catch up with her sooner or later. I just hate seeing her like this and not being able to help.

Tank you better keep your word this time, she needs all of us.

"You know, I bet if we asked him Ghost would bring us some snacks. The good kind, Lucas wouldn't dare say no to him." I chuckle trying to keep her engaged.

I always ask somewhat rhetorical questions and I can see she's heard me and understands but she isn't up for answering yet.

I hear sounds and voices coming from down stairs. It's very early, Ghost wouldn't have come back already. Aliya looks over at me.

"I'll go check it out, don't worry yourself okay?" I answer to her look of concern.

Her eyes follow me as I leave her room, closing the door behind me and making my way down stairs.

"Fuck." It escaped before I could stop it.

"Ed, hi." Price says standing in the kitchen. Fucking hell he's here in our home. Ghost, Soap and Tank all with him.

"They're all here Ed." Lucas says looking at me in excitement but he doesn't get it.

"No no no, absolutely not." I respond angrily as I walk closer.

"Ed!" Lucas retorts back.

"It's alright Moose." Price say as he looks back over at me.

"She's fragile right now, you can't just show up I don't know how she will react."

"I know, I can't imagine it will be anything good but I'm prepared for that." Price answers and I feel tears prickling in my eyes.

"You don't get to just come back when you feel like it. She needed you and you pushed her away. She doesn't talk, she barely moves, she hardly sleeps and when she does she has nightmares. I have only just got her drinking liquids on her own." My voice shaking with sadness as I say it.

I can see my words hurt everyone, Price especially but they need to know. She could do anything in response and I don't want her hurting herself.

"Ed we're here to help her." Tank says.

"Then help! Don't bombard her when she's in an unstable frame of mind." I snap back at him.