Chapter 21 - Patience

(Songs for this chapter -
Hold - VERA BLUE
Little Bit More - SURIEL HESS
Two Strong Hearts - AINSLIE WILLS)

PRICE POV

I attack her with my lips, kissing her so passionately. My hands gripping her tighter than I need to as I stand up, turn around and push her into the bed with my body. Her hands clawing at me in the open part of my shirt. I push myself into her harder, moving down to kiss her neck. She moans in between heavy breaths, her legs tightening around my waist. My ravenous hands already under her jumper and on her hips.

I have never been this lustful. I feel so impatient and starved for her. She undoes the rest of my shirt, pulling it as far down my arms as she can while I undo her pants, then frantically rip my shirt the rest of the way off before I pull her pants off her too. Slowly running my hands up her thighs to her hips, needing to feel her soft skin, watching her shake and twitch under me. I'm back on her eagerly awaiting lips. Her hands possessively grabbing at my shoulders and dragging themselves down my chest, I kiss her neck again, listening to her breathing shake because of it.

I look up at her face and instantly stop. Fuck.
Somewhere in there she switched back, her guard is up again, one of her facades. I can't keep going if she isn't the real her, I don't want one hot night with her I want her to let me in and trust me.

I take my hands off of her, grabbing hers as I do.
Looking into her eyes as her breathing becomes more erratic. She knows I can see that she's changed. Her eyes are in a panic searching my face,
"I'm sorry John I didn't mean to..."

"Shh." I cut her off. "My darling it's alright, I understand. I will wait as long as I have to."

I move myself off of her, going to lay down beside her but she tries to get away.
"Don't." I command, grabbing her and bringing her back down to me. Wrapping my arms around her and locking her in my embrace. Her panicked eyes staring back at me.
"Don't run away from me gorgeous."
I whisper brushing the hair out of her face.
Her eyes are searching mine for any sign of hesitation, it's my fault that she even thinks she has to look but she won't find any.
"I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you."

She hesitates, looking back at me scared at first but when she sees i mean it she nods back, a small subtle smile coming over her face.

"Good girl."

I lean over to kiss her, she breathes in and kisses me back, placing her hands on my shoulder and chest. Making my whole body relax into hers.

If I keep her close she won't be so quick to push me away, I don't ever want her to run from me.
I need to find out what sets her off, I wish she would tell me her past.

"Would you tell me something darling? Anything, please?" I kiss her forehead.

"When I first got here." She breaths out.
"I started working for the wrong people. I was put down, given terrible contracts and used for fighting practice. I hide myself on instinct because of it, sometimes I can't help it."

Her fingers are drawing circles on my shoulder, my tough beautiful girl, she wasn't as anxious as i thought she would be telling me that. I bring her in to me, placing her under my chin. She sighs in relief once I have her close enough.

"Hopefully I can convince your instincts I'm on their side." I say quietly into her hair.

"If anyone can it's you." She nestles herself further into my chest, making my lungs feel tight and my heart heat up. Every muscle in my body wanting to protect and shield her. I kiss the top of her head.