Chapter 33 - The Exchange

(Songs for this chapter -
Lightning - BAG RAIDERS
The Hill - GODFORD
Atlantic - SLEEP TOKEN)

COYOTE POV

Barrow isn't half bad, but he rushes to much. He's taller and stronger than me he doesn't need to put that kind of effort in. I grab his arm, twist myself up and around his shoulder and flip him back to the ground. I can hear the Alpha boys laughing but at least he's tying.

"Barrow you have the strength and reach over me, use them." I say as he stands up.

"Let me show you." I move around and stand next to him, making him copy my stance then attack.
"You can stay a full two steps back and your attack will still hit but mine won't. Try that."

"Yes ma'am."

I move back around and signal at him to go for me, he does the move I showed him and I could of dodged it but I let him make contact. He hits my shoulder and I get pushed back a few feet.

"Yes!" He looks so pleased with himself, but not in an arrogant way. More like a child who is finally riding their bike without training wheels on.

"Good work kid." I say ruffling his hair, poor thing hasn't been praised much in his life I can tell.

John is shaking his head at me, he knows I let him have that. The rest of Alpha looked gob smacked.

"Alright that's enough for today, you can all have the rest of the day off, go into town or something." John commands out at them.
They all look at each other and then scramble for the door, mumbling thank you sirs as they leave.

"Thank you ma'am." Barrow says to me, nodding his head.

"Coyote. You don't need to ma'am me I'm not your captain Barrow."

"Respectfully ma'am I have to decline, but you can call me Will."

"Short for William?" He nods back.

"William will do then." Will would be little too friendly, I don't feel comfortable with that and I'm sure neither would John.

"Yes ma'am." He smiles following his team out of the room.

It's just John and I now, he prowls his way over to me, his arms go straight around my waist, he is entirely too handsome my body does what it wants when he's touching me, looking at me like that. I slide my hands up his chest.

"I think you have a new admirer." He says down to me in his Captain voice.

"Careful, your jealousy is showing, Captain." I smirk up at him in that sexy voice I know he loves.

His hands tighten around my waist as he swiftly moves into my space. His lips desperate to get to mine. Sending heat down my neck and into my chest.

"You like teasing me a little too much darling." He grumbles against my lips.

"I tease you just the right amount handsome." I cheekily smile pulling him back to my lips by his shirt.

The drive back is quiet and seems to go forever. Johns hand is tightly gripping my thigh while my hand rests on top of his, playing with his thumb. He doesn't look over at me but each time my fingers tickle his hand in the right spot a small smirk comes across his face.