Chapter 32 - Camaraderie

(Songs for this chapter -
Shimmer - OCEAN GROVE
Mind Over Matter - YOUNG THE GIANT)

PRICE POV

"How many laps have they done?" Aliya asks Ghost. She's staring out at them looking concerned. They are moving at a glacier pace now, the rain has slowed them right down.

"56." Ghost replies looking at me, my vision shifting between him and her.

"Captain." She says looking up at me, fucking hell.
"I respectfully request to take their place and finish the remaining 43 laps on their behalf."

"Aliya." I move in closer to her. "One, don't call me captain like that." I growl into her ear and her body shivers back. "Two, absolutely not, they received this punishment for what they did to you."

"John. They are struggling out there. It will mean more to them than you realize. A small gesture can change everything, trust me." She is smiling up at me and slightly swaying from side to side again. I don't know what specifically but I'm sure she's talking about something I did to change her mind.

I do agree with her, some of these boys need something to snap them out of their narrow minded thinking but,
"It doesn't have to be you." I say quietly to her.

"Yes it does, it will mean nothing coming from any of you." She says back.

She is so determined, I know she can do it I don't doubt her abilities. Is it greedy of me to want her all to myself, I don't want to share the time I have with her. But she's giving me that look, this means something to her.

"Alright go," I give in to her. "Ghost bring them back in. But don't take too long." I yell after her as she runs out into the rain, she smiles and winks back at me, she couldn't look happier.

Ghost whistles and they look over, beginning to drag themselves in. Drenched, out of breath, exhausted.

"Enjoy the early finish time gents, someone has volunteered to complete the remaining laps for you." They are all trying to catch their breath.

"Who did sir?" Barrow wheezes out from his hunched over position.

"Coyote." They all look over at me before their eyes move out to the track trying to find her.

She was right, the looks on their faces prove it. She gets nothing out of this, there is no angle or benefit in her doing this for them and they know it. She just saved them another grueling two hours at least. She's fast though, she'll be done in no time at that speed.

"Don't make her efforts count for nothing, go dry off and rest up." I command at them.

"Yes sir." The all shuffle off.

Ghost and I silently watch her, she waves at us every lap as she goes past. Fucking adorable.

"She was like this even back then sir, always helping everyone else."

"I bet she was." I answer smiling out at her.

She's done in just under an hour, I went and got a towel for her and wrap her in it the second she comes running back to me. She is soaked to the bone and shivering but she's happily gazing up at me.