Chapter 64 - It's Serious

(Songs for this chapter -
Don't Trust Myself - ROBINSON
Nothing Breaks Like a Heart - MARK RONSON)

CHLOE POV

"Ali what's this?" I ask looking at the ribboned box hidden under the end of the bar.

"I don't know it got delivered tonight. Have you seen my keys?" She says looking around the bar.

"They are probably in your coat." I roll my eyes.

"Right." She says walking towards the stairs up to the office.

She has John on her brain, I've started to notice she gets like this when she misses him. She can't focus or do anything else, I'm glad she finally let him in. They are both so in love.

I undo the red ribbon holding the box together and take the card off the top.

'For my kitten.'

Is all it says, sweet.

"Ali I think it's for you from John." I call out to her. I bet it's some sexy lingerie or something similar. He's given her a few gifts before and those flowers were beautiful.

"What?" She calls out coming back down the stairs.

"For my kitten." I yell cheekly spinning around and holding up the card.

I turn back to the box, too excited to see what it is. Maybe I can convince Kyle to get me a gift too.

"Kitten? John doesn't call me..." I hear her say as I lift the lid.
"CHLOE DONT OPEN THAT."

She pulls on my waist, the noise, the heat, the light, it's all painful.

"Kyle!" I try to call for him as I come to consciousness. I can't breathe. My chest wants to cough but I can't do that either. I try to focus, look at my surroundings.

It's dark and stuffy, I go to move but I can't I'm completely stuck. Don't panic, don't panic. I try to move my head, dark hair falling off my face, I'm met with an arm only inches from my eyes.

Oh god, oh god.

"Ali!" I try and shout but it just comes out in a silenced choke. She's laying on top of me, her arm around my head, cradling it.

We're surrounded by rubble, it's on top of us, on top of her. She protected me from the explosion.

"Ali." I try again, but my voice is barely a whisper.

My arm hurts, really hurts, I'm so scared.

"Ali please wake up." I choke on the words.

Don't cry don't cry.

"Help." I go to shout, even speak it but I can't get enough air in to do so.

I try to move my arms my legs any part of my body but I can't. Oh my god what if she's dead!? No no don't think that.

Too late.

Tears are coming down my face, oh my god did I kill her? What if some else is hurt in this rubble too? There was no one but us left at the Lemon but I don't know how big the explosion was.