Chapter 23 - Countermeasure

(Songs for this chapter -
False Confidence - NOAH KAHAN
Outlaw - ELLE KING
Dangerous {Feat. Joywave} - BIG DATA)

COYOTE POV

We've been in London three days. The first day we took out the locked up target, snuck into Wandsworth prison and secretly killed him, making it look like a suicide. Now we are camped out in a shitty apartment waiting on the second target.

Teddy gave us this contract, scum men that sexually assaulted a high profilers wife, and he want's them dead. One was jailed taking all the blame but the other got off scot free. He hasn't been back to his flat in the last day and a half but the second he does we'll be ready.

We've been taking it in turns watching his flat, the client was very specific about not having it done publicly so she wouldn't be dragged through the media all over again. I insisted on taking the lead for this mission, Tank couldn't exactly say no and I buttered him up by saying he needed to stay back with Chloe.

Blade is on the sniper rifle right now, I'm sitting up next to him with the spotter scope and Moose is laying on the floor behind us, legs up against the wall. Texting Ed I'm sure. I get my own phone out to see if Price has sent me another message nothing yet, i didn't reply anything either though. He's been texting me odd questions the last two days, I'm sure it's just to make sure I reply.

-Do you drink hot chocolate and
coffee or just tea?

-I drink everything. And you? Anything
straight no milk or sugar of course?

-Obviously.
Cats or Dogs?

-Definitely dogs.

-Dinner or breakfast?

-Always breakfast, do you even have to ask?

-Wanted to make sure.
How many pillows do you sleep with?

-What kind of a question is that? One.

-Just wondering.

They make me smile and my heart flutter, i must have looked at them a dozen times today, but i'm not sure what to reply so i haven't. Moose moves, sitting up behind us.

"Ed wants a picture." He says coming over to take a selfie with us. Blade moves out from behind the gun for a second and we both pull a silly face with Moose looking his usual charming self in the middle.

"I'm sure Ed meant a picture of just you." I say after him. "Can you send it to me as well?" I get the picture a moment later and send it on to Price. I think he would like that, at least i hope he will.

"Have you told him yet lieutenant?" Moose sasses at me, i snap my head over and glare at him.

"Leave her alone Moose." Blade always defends me from everyone, even myself sometimes.

"I'll tell him when you talk to Ed." I retort at him, he huffs and looks back to his phone. I wink to Blade before we look back to the targets flat. An hour or so later he's home, in his gloomy tiny disgusting part of the world.

"937 meters, make sure you go through the open window." I say calmly to Blade. He's about to take the shot when Moose's phone rings and we both jump slightly, glaring back at Moose as he answers it running into another room.