Chapter 31 - Stay Over

(Songs for this chapter -
NFWMB - HOZIER
Version of me - SASHA ALEX SLOAN
My Heart Just Knows - SVRCINA)

PRICE POV

My eyes watch her leave, tracing over her every movement to see if she's going to run if she's upset or in pain. But to my surprise and I'm sure hers, she is okay. Ghost nods at me before he follows her out. The second they are both out the door i snap around and grab Barrow by the collar pulling his face closer to mine.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know..." Barrow says, he looks terrified and he should be.

"No Sergeant, you didn't!" I snap at him.
"And it shouldn't of made a difference! She's my guest here and you insult her and me the second she arrives! You don't disrespect any woman anywhere!"

"But sir you always say we need to keep focused out in the field..." I jolt him closer to me.

"Are we in the fucking field Sergeant?" I say in a quiet angry tone.

"No.." he awkwardly replies.

"If you are unable to keep focused because there is a woman on the team, if i can't trust you to protect survivors that have been in similar situations, then you are of no use to me or the regiment. When your opinion is neither helpful or positive keep your mouth shut." I release him.

"Female operators are all better soldiers than we are as they have to work twice as hard to get here and they have to put up with this kind of bullshit as well. Watching some one suffer and doing nothing, is the same as inflicting the suffering yourself."

"Sorry sir." They all mumble.

For fuck sake, they act like a bunch of 15 year old boys, intimidated by a women being around.

"Also she was the one who saved our arses the other night in London." Barrow is looking even more guilty now, I feel sorry for him, the lad is angry and I've been trying to help him but I'm not getting through.

"You will all clean the armory tonight, then run 100 laps in the morning and apologize to Coyote."

"Yes sir." They all answer back.

"And Barrow, I will let Coyote decide what additional punishment you will receive."

"Yes sir, sorry." He says head bowed.

"Dismissed." I yell at them all and they quickly leave, not wanting to anger me further. Soap and Gaz follow close behind them.

I leave the mess in the opposite direction.

I have to get her in my arms, her embrace will calm me down. I'm guessing they went outside, I follow the hall around and left to see her standing next to Ghost, looking out over the training field.

"... I was dead for a long time, my mind just didn't know it. Until he brought me back to life." She says to Ghost, about me.

I walk towards her faster at hearing her painful loving words, she turns around and sees me just before I get to her, I pick her up in my arms but I don't stop walking.

"John." She gasps my name but my head is buried in her chest so I feel it more than I hear it, tightening my grip on her as she wraps her legs around my waist, her arms around my head. I don't stop walking until we are out in the dark away from the light away from everyone.

"You said you wouldn't react like this." She pleas with me. I look up at her face, her eyes only just visible in the dark.

"I know my darling I'm sorry, I can't help it this time. Hearing what he said to you, what you had to go through. I'm so proud of you and I'm so sorry you still have to go through that even now."