Chapter 35 - Not Real

(Songs for this chapter -
Weaker Girl - BANKS
Far From Home - SAM TINNESZ
Praying to a God - MR. PROBZ)

COYOTE POV

I never looked at Johns hands like they could do harm, it's strange. They are so much bigger than mine, so strong he could snap my neck without even trying, but they were always gentle on me. Weathered although they felt so soft when he touched me.

This guys hands are clammy and weak, he has barely even bruised me yet, it's pathetic really.

"You hit all the girls like this? I'm surprised they can feel it." I laugh at him.

He slaps me across the face but it only makes me laugh more. I've become a little unhinged, I don't know if it's the beatings, the clients, the drugs or the lack of sleep. A bit of everything I suppose. When did I last sleep, two days? No maybe three? Is it Saturday or Friday? I can't really keep it straight anymore.

"Don't stop it tickles." I wickedly grin back.

He puts a hand around my neck, trying to squeeze, but he's too weak to do any damage with one hand.
"Careful kitten, don't hurt your baby claws."

He punches me again in the ribs, if you can even call it that. This guy likes the back talk or so I've been told. He's not doing any real harm, he likes the degradation more.

John is just sitting in the corner watching, well my mind has put him there. I know he's not real, at least I hope he's not.

When this guys time is up one of the girls comes in and stands by the door, waiting for him to leave. Once he's out she comes over to untie my hands. I'm getting over being tied from my wrists, they aren't as strong as they should be from all the breaks. That part hurts more than anything. I'm standing on my toes to relieve the pressure while she undoes my first hand.

"I'm fine little miss don't worry." I say to her worried face as she moves to the other hand. I have purposely kept a distance away from the other girls. I can't save them so I can't get attached, I will barely be able to save myself at this rate.

I look over at John, he shakes his head at me, is he mad that I haven't saved myself? Or is he mad at me for thinking I can?

I see the girls little face look down at my torso, I know my scars aren't helping with how bad the bruising and whip marks make my body look.

"He didn't do all of that, those are from the last few weeks." She nods at my response and gets my outfit, if you can call it that from the cupboard by the door. Boots, a small jacket and an even smaller skirt. That's it, I still have underwear and a bandeau on so I guess it's something, not to be completely naked.

"Sal is waiting for you outside." She says quiet as a mouse.

I put on the skirt then jacket and nod at her, okay Coyote let's just get it over with. I walk straight to the door opening it. His men grab me before the door is even fully open. Pulling me into the hallway, shoving me against the wall. I get the usual, drops in my eyes, needle in my arm and some pill shoved down my throat. My eyes haven't adjusted yet but I feel Sal's hand on my neck, now that is a strong hand. That is a hand that could knock me out, has done already several times.

John is standing behind him, I know he's not real because he is perfectly in focus but everyone else is blurry. I may be crazy, going insane but I'm not stupid, I laugh at myself.