Chapter 68 - Rules of Engagement

(Songs for this chapter
The Water Is Fine - CHLOE AMENT
Angel By The Wings - SIA
Set Fire To The Rain - ADELE)
❤️❤️❤️

COYOTE POV

I'm coming boys, just hold on.

Adrenaline is the only thing keeping me together right now. The seatbelt warning is in my ear, I'm driving faster than I thought I could. I would of hit someone if most of the place hadn't already left by now.

I screech around the corner and see the wreckage on the bridge, my is heart smashing into my ribs desperate to get out. I'm out of the car so fast I don't even turn it off. The headlights are making my shadow hit the overturned wreckage as I sprint towards them.

"Coyote!" Soap coughs out at me. He's managed to get out of the car but his arm is bleeding and he looks a mess.

"Soap are you okay?! What's the situation?" I order out at him a little faster than I should of as I slide onto the ground next to him.

"I crawled out through the rear window it's smashed. Everyone is else is either stuck or unconscious."

"Coyote!" Tanks voice echoes out.

"Tank! What have you broken?" I can hear it in his voice, something is very broken.

"My leg, I can't move it and Moose is trapped under me and not responding." He wheezes out.

"Price and Riley?" I ask Soap, moving around trying to look in the front windows.

"I'm alright Burnett, Price has hit his head and is unconscious." I hear Riley's smoke ridden voice.

"I've tired to get back in but I can't reach anyone." Soap desperately pleas from next to me, ash and smoke covering his worried face.

I move around to the rear, I get down and  shuffle into in the broken window on my back.

"Be careful." Soap says as he helps push my feet in.

The car is in shambles, the contents of the boot have been tipped everywhere and the seats have some undone. Tank is crumpled against the bent side door, wedged between two seat pieces.

"Coyote christ be careful in here." Tank gasps out at me.

"I'm in better shape than you relax." I say as I crawl through the wreckage to get to him. I can't make it all the way but I can get close enough to see Moose.

He's stuck under Tanks hip, I can't see his face but he isn't moving.

"Tank grab onto the side of the door if you can, I'll try and pull him out from under you if you lift your weight off."

Tanks nods and reaches his hand up and around to hold onto the door. I can see he's clearly in pain and this is going to hurt.

"Ready?"

"Yeah go." He coughs.

"Okay, three, two, one." Tank lifts his weight up and I put on Moose's arm. Dragging him just enough that he's out from under him.

"Soap, I've got Moose. Can you reach in and bring him out?" I yell out the back as I slowly shuffle him and myself back out of the car.