Chapter 50 - Healing

(Songs for this chapter -
Heartbeats - HANNIOU
Love Somebody - TA-KU & WAFIA
Only - RY X)

PRICE POV

My leg feels numb, I can't even move it, pins and needles are all over my entire leg. I force my eyes open to see Aliya asleep on my thigh.

My gorgeous girl.

She hasn't let go of my hand. Her fingers interlaced with mine, our hands pulled to her chest. I run my thumb over her hand to see if she stirs but she's in a deep sleep. I want her forever she's it, she's the one. It just clicked in my mind. Fuck she is so beautiful how have I not thought this sooner.

I can see Gaz in the right corner asleep in a chair with his head against the wall. I can't see Ghost and Soap but I can hear them talking, I don't want to move my head and disturb them. I just listen.

"What about ice cream? Everyone likes ice cream."

"It's alright."

"Ugh, come on Lt give me something. It's unfair that Price and even Coyote know more about you than me."

"I like long walks on the beach, poetry and romantic dinners."

"Really!?" Soap shout whispers excitedly but Ghost chuckles.

"Shut up Lt, that's not funny."

"It's funny that you fell for it."

There is a moment of silence, Soap is clearly annoyed. Tell him something Simon for christ sake the lad is begging you.

"Back in selection, Coyote and I use to sneak off base at night sometimes and go to this ramen place she knew about. The guy would stay open late for us. I don't mind ramen."

There you go, I can feel Soap smiling from here.

"I will find the best Ramen place and take you both!" He says all happy and a little too loudly so Ghost silences him.

"Would Coyote be okay with that?" Soap asks more quietly.

"I think she'd appreciate the effort."

"I don't mind you either Johnny." Simon you big softy about bloody time.

"Aww thanks Ghost."

These two, it's progress but they have a long ways to go. Soap is back to talking about things he likes and I clear my throat a few minutes later so they know I'm awake.

I untangle my fingers from Aliyas and gently run my hand through her hair. She opens her eyes almost instantly.

"John!" She jolts up from my leg and wraps her arms around me, her hands going up into my hair.

"Hey gorgeous, how are you doing?" I lean my head into hers, there's something about just having her close, it always calms me down.

"Better now, are you okay?" She lets go of me and puts her hand to my forehead, she's so sweet.

"I'm fine, so fine I want to get out of this bed."