Chapter 24 - Discovery

(Songs for this chapter -
Complete Mess - 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
Two Strong Hearts - AINSLIE WILLS
Big Black Car - GREGORY ALAN ISAKOV)

PRICE POV

"What are we doing here Kyle?" I ask frustratedly as we walk down a busy riverside street.

"You'll see Cap." He's up to something and i don't like not being informed.

"You better not be taking me to lunch to tell me your leaving home." I joke but i'm still annoyed.

"Not old enough to move out on my own yet sir." He jokes back.

"Hm."

We walk into a cafe by the water and i see Chloe and the back of Coyote. I should have known. Chloe looks over at us and waves, Kyle moves in their direction straight away. Those two are bloody schemers if I've ever seen one. I follow Kyle over to them, I didn't know she was back, she said she'd message me when she was. As soon as she sees Kyle go in to hug Chloe she immediately swings around in her seat, her gaze going straight to mine.

Her eyes and mouth turn into a gorgeous heart stealing smile, leaving me no choice but to concede and smile back. She looks tired, her hair is extra messy, she's roughly dressed and her boots aren't zipped up properly. She's still breathtakingly beautiful. I walk over to them and lean down to kiss her cheek, her hands move to my shoulders as i do. God the control she has over me, if she only knew.

"You didn't tell me you were back." I whisper. As I sit down in the seat next to her, her hand snakes down my arm to my hand, grabbing it tightly. My entire chest feels tensed and weakened by her.

"I'm sorry John, I got back this morning and was rudely awoken and dragged here." she whispers to me glaring at Chloe.

"It's alright darling, I'm just happy to see you. Even if we were lured here under false pretenses." I whisper back squeezing her hand.

"I'm a mess. She might have warned me, I would of dressed a little better." She pulls her jacket up onto her shoulder.

"You don't have to, not for me. I always think you look lovely." I slide my other hand over her thigh, feeling her leg twitch under my touch. Her eyes changing ever so slightly, that spark of desire coming back as she leans closer to me.

"Always?" She asks in her teasing voice, drawing circles on my other hand with her thumb.

"Always." I say it in a serious unwavering voice but I slide my hand all the way up her thigh and onto her hip. She rolls her eyes and giggles at me, the biggest smile on her face.

We look over at Kyle and Chloe, they are so pleased with themselves.

"Gaz will be doing a lot of paperwork when we get back." I say it to Coyote but loud enough that the other two both hear it. Kyle sighs but the ladies giggle.

"And Chloe is working every night this week, double shifts." Coyote smiles back at me.

Chloe crosses her arms annoyed "You two are no fun."

"Hold it, where do you think you're going? Coyote says annoyed with the other two as we get outside the cafe. They where about to make a run for it.