Chapter 85 - Henry

(Songs for this chapter -
No Place Like Home - HONNE
Stacking Chairs - MIDDLE KIDS)

VENOM POV

"Well what do you think?" I say proudly standing in front of an old abandoned bank like it's the Taj Mahal.

"Venom it's a dump." Tank chuckles.

"Shut up Tank." Chloe, Phoenix and I shout at him in unison.

"We are going to do it up." Chloe says happily.

"We?" Tank adds on.

Chloe slaps him across the shoulder, not being able to reach the back of his head.

"She can paint and decorate, you're here for the heavy lifting." Phoenix cheeks back at him.

"So you want to turn this crappy old bank into a club?" He asks as I unlock the door, almost kicking it open to get inside.

"Into a bar Tank, we are moving up in the world." I wink back as we walk in.

"I admit it needs some work." The place is very dirty, windows broken, a few stairs destroyed, tiles and pieces of wall missing. "But we have a bunch of people wanting to help and we're very resourceful."

"We're putting the bar behind the teller counter, and a stage at the back there where the managers desk is." Chloe relays excitedly as she drags Tank around.

"And we're going to turn the safe into a cold-room." Phoenix says grabbing his other hand and helping Chloe pull him around.

She's barking up a dead tree but I don't have the heart to tell her.

"It will be a stunner once it's done up."
Tank laughs back at Phoenix's enthusiasm.

Oh.
Well I never.

Maybe that tree isn't as dead as I thought.

Wish Coyote could see this, she'd be as shocked as I am right now.

"If it's what you want to do then I'll help you ladies." He smiles back.

"Thank you Tank." I nod, standing by the bottom of the stairs looking up.

"So when does the cavalry arrive?" Tank asks.

"We're here."

I turn around to see Price walk in with his men, all of them. They get straight to work, already lifting things and getting started on cleaning up.

"Hello Venom."

"Barrow." I nod back as he walks past me, going to say hello to Phoenix.

"Nothing, sorry Price." I turn responding to him before he has a chance to ask.

Over four months and no one has heard anything. Not even Ed can find a trace of her. We started to fear the worst for a while but Price and Ghost assured us she wouldn't do that.

They are both confident she's alive out there somewhere and haven't stopped chasing up leads, looking for clues, trying to find her. It gives the rest of us hope.