Chapter 43 - Waiting

(Songs for this chapter -
Sideways - ILLENIUM
I'll Wait - KYGO
Lighthouse - LOVELESS)

COYOTE POV

"Would you like to see anyone else my darling or do you want to keep it just us?" John asks as we pull up back at my place.

I know everyone wants to see me, they would be worried but I just can't do it yet. I had so many people touching me for so long I still don't feel like my body is my own. They will want to hug me and touch me and I don't want them looking at me hurt because I don't want them near me.

"You don't want to be touched yet do you?" John understands, he always does. I think he knows me better than I know myself sometimes. Well most of the time. I nod in response.

"That's okay gorgeous, they understand. I understand." He's been so respectful and always asks before he touches me. He doesn't need to, he's the only one I want close right now.

"Can I help you up the stairs?" His sweet deep voice asks. I smile as I take the keys out of the ignition and open the door of the truck. He's around holding his arm out to me faster than I can get out, such a gentleman but his hand is still badly wounded. I step down out of the truck and move into his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly.

"Hey hey, what's going on darling?" He needs to get his hand fixed and to do that he has to leave me. I don't want him to, I can already feel my chest compressing, like someone is standing on it. But I have to make him, he has to get his hand treated it's been two days I don't want it to get infected or worse.

I release him and grab both his hands, putting the keys in his good one and point to the bad one.

"No I'm not leaving you I'll get it looked at later."
I shake my head, please John I need you to be okay.

"Absolutely not, you need me. I'm not leaving you while you are like this." I shake my head again, tears are coming down my face, as I look up at him. I can't lose you, what if you get sepsis or worse because you stayed with me.

"Don't do this to me baby doll, I know what you are doing. I know how you feel. You want me to get it looked at but you don't want me to leave you." See he knows me so well. I bury my head in his ribs and he holds me steady while we walk up the stairs to my place. We sit down on the couch and he puts his other arm around me.

"I can't leave you alone like this my darling. I will go if you let someone stay here with you until I get back." I wish I could talk to him, tell him what's going on in my mind, in my heart. I know how much it means to him.

It's only been a few days but I've forgotten what my voice sounds like, how I say his name. He gives me the sweetest smile when I say it, like I've just said something out of Emily Brontë's novel.

He would love that actually, 'Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.'
I even hear it in his voice in my head, he's such a romantic person.

I nod back, I will do whatever I have to so he can come back to me. "Who do you want here with you gorgeous?"
I do the 'rally point' military hand signal, hoping he understands what I mean.

"Everyone?" I knew he would get it, I nod.

"Are you sure you don't mind if they are all here?" I don't want to be touched but if they can all understand that then I think I'll be okay. I also know the more people that are here watching me, the better John will feel about leaving. I nod again.