Chapter 83 - The Handover

(Songs for this chapter
Give You Up - DIDO
I Would Of - JESSIE MURPH
Let It All Go - BIRDY & RHODES)

GAZ POV

"You know I love this cafe." Chloe says with a smile.

"Yes I know you've told me three times." Tank says tolling his eyes.

"Well at least I know you are listening." She snaps back.

You can't half tell they are siblings.

The street is a little busier than last time. Or did I just not notice because I was too focused on getting Price here?

Simpler times.

I hope they find her, but Germany? It'd be freezing, not my first choice. Maybe that's the point. We wouldn't look for her there.

Chloe is walking ahead with Tank, she wanted me to come along with them and I can't say no to cake. But I'm still hanging back to give them some space. Chloe's been waiting a long time for this.

"What about Paris? For the shopping?" Tank asks as I tune back into the conversation.

"Kyle and I just spent weeks in France. Can we go somewhere with more of an ocean view like Greece?"

"Greece!?" Tanks laughs. I don't think I've heard him genuinely laugh like that before.
"Greece is a bit romantic, Kyle can take you there without me."  That makes Chloe let out a giggle.

"T you are hopeless it's not just romantic there is plenty of other... ALI!"

Chloe's scream has both Tank and I alert and looking around. Chloe races across the footpath and almost jumps into the river but I grab her.

I look to the other side of the riverbank and there she is, standing silently looking over at us.

"Tank.." He's already beaten me to it and has taken off down the road, running to the next closest bridge to try and get to her on the other side.

She looks awful, pale and tired. No emotion, Ghost was right she's not doing well at all.
Shit we weren't prepared for this today.

"Ali!" Chloe cries again, tears coming down her face. She hasn't seen her in months and to see her in this condition will be so upsetting for her.

"I know little Dove I see her too." I say holding her back.

"Let me go we have to help her." She shouts trying to get out of my grip.

"I know and we will, but that water is ice
cold you'll get hypothermia. Tank will get her don't worry." I say again.

Coyote does a small subtle wave at Chloe, making her cry and struggle against me even more. She then looks at me and nods, I know what she's saying, what she's asking of me.

Take care of them.

Shit, hurry Tank.

We need to tell Price she's here.

Tank POV

"She's here!" I yell into the phone whilst sprinting down the street.