Chapter 74 - Five Weeks Later

(Songs for this chapter
Tonight - KIDSWASTE
Escape - KEHLANI
You Could Be The One - DANIELLE NICOLE RUBIO)

CHLOE POV

"C....?"

"...le?"

"Little dove?" Kyle says grabbing my hand.

"Oh sorry Kyle I was miles away." I respond as I snap back from gazing out the window.

"Did it happen again?" He asks handing me a cup of coffee. He's so wonderful, he notices everything.

"Yes, I'm sorry Kyle I don't know what's wrong with me." I say looking back out the window. It hasn't stopped raining the last two days, the rain use to make me smile, it made Ali so happy. But now...

"It's alright sweetie, you are anxious and going a little stir crazy. So am I." He says running his hand over my back.

We have been trying our best. To start with it was wonderful. We spent more time in bed than anything else. Just sex and talking. Getting to know each other so well, like Tyler and Sara, like Ali and John.

"Something is wrong Kyle, I don't know what but it just doesn't feel right." I say back to him, sliding my hand across his shoulder as he wraps an arm tightly around me.

"I know, we should of heard something by now. But we can't focus on that or we will both go mad overthinking." He answers, he's always so optimistic, trying to be someone people can look up to. But he doesn't realize he already is.

"You're right, let's focus on something else, we can go and see our neighbors again?" I ask excitedly.

"Chloe.."

"I know what you are going to say, but they love us. They didn't have any children of their own." I plea looking at him all sweetly.

"Alright." He sighs as he gets up from the table.
"But we can't stay too long this time. I'm sure they came here to have a relaxing holiday, not to be bothered by us every day." Kyle sternly says trying to act bossy as he grabs my coat.

"Of course Sergeant." I say sarcastically as I salute him.

"Petty officer Dove." He jokes back as he puts my coat on for me.

He puts his coat on before he pulls me in close to him as we step outside. They are staying right next us in the holiday villa so we don't have to go very far, but Kyle still wraps me up and covers me with an umbrella as we make a break for their door.

I gently and excitedly knock as Kyle closes the umbrella and rests it by the door.
"And for the record we aren't here every day, they have only been here a week." I sass back as we wait for the door to open.

"We've come over four times." Kyle mumbles as he rolls his eyes.

"Chloe, Kyle! Come in come in it's pouring out there."

"May!" I said that way too excitedly as I smile and hug her.

"Sorry ma'am, but you've kind of grown on her." Kyle says from behind me as we come inside.

"Where's Paul?" I ask as I quickly take off my coat, looking around the little cottage. Theirs is Blue and is a little bigger than ours. But our cottage is yellow and has a better view of the mountains. Kyle pointed out the exact spot where France ends and Switzerland begins.

"I'm in here Chloe." I hear Paul's voice as I move around into the kitchen. He standing there reading the paper over the bench, his glasses on the edge of his nose but he's still squinting trying to read it.