Chapter 71 - Death is Kind

(Songs for this chapter
Chaotic - TATE MCRAE
Save Yourself - KALEO
Into Your Arms - Witt Lowry)

COYOTE POV

"Coyote." Xander utters as he sits down. Disgusting.

He looks at me like I'm a toy he wanted from the store. Not a person just a thing an object, his thing.

"Xander." I antagonise back, glaring at him. I shouldn't of done that. His pupils dilated, such a creep. The more I say no the more it spurs him on.

At least Melina is out of my face, she's much harder to manipulate, the woman only knows two things. Violence and anger.
I'd almost admire her for making it in a mans world if she wasn't so vile and cruel.

But I embarrassed her and she doesn't forget things like that. She will be back and she'll want my head.

"You know I'd treat you right. Look after you." He lowly says as he undresses me with his eyes. John would kill him just for that.

I can't set him off, I don't know how long I'll be here for. I know the men will come for me, but I don't know what condition they are in, it could be days.

Days is normally not a long time to wait, to endure torture. I know how insignificant a day of it can become. But this is different. I belong to John now and if I get harmed if I get assaulted then it hurts him too. I've seen the pain in his eyes when he looks at me injured and that hurts me the most.

"That is... an offer, but I have to decline." I say with sarcastic politeness, before I spit out the blood that was building up in my mouth.

Xander follows my movements looking at the blood on the ground, then the blood on my pants, tac vest, face. His hand moves my hair out of my face and grabs my chin. I want to resist, move myself out of his grip but I know the more I resist the closer he gets.

I'm scared.

"I don't understand it, no matter what you do I just can't help myself." He says as he moves in closer to me.

He takes in a deep breath, smelling my hair.
"You know I could take you right now if I wanted." He whispers in my ear.

The thought of if makes my chest hurt. The thought of Johns face knowing it, seeing it written all over my body. I hate it. I wouldn't let him touch me, I couldn't. I'd be dirty and spoilt for him. He's so clean and full of honor. As much as I know he would never hold it against me, it would be there always between us.

It would cross his mind when we are making love, when we're kissing, whenever another man touches me, even innocently. Our whole relationship would be darkened by it and eventually so would we.

"Nothing to say hmm?" Xander continues, I can't say anything back. There is no answer I could give to improve my situation.

He reaches up and unclips the tac vest strap on my right shoulder. Please no, I don't want to be dirty again. I'd rather he kill me.

Then.

As if it was almost on purpose, the alarm starts to sound. A loud buzzing from a speaker system. And I can't help but begin to smirk.

My other half, my savior in the darkest of nights.

John is here.