Chapter 66 - Just like Fox

(Songs for this chapter
The Night Does Not Belong To God - SLEEP TOKEN
Time To Leave - DARREN KIELY
Still Time - THE AMBIENTALIST)

PRICE POV

"It's alright Chloe." Tank assures her while Blade and I pack what we managed to salvage from their half destroyed place. It wasn't too bad, downstairs was hit the worst.

"It's not goodbye forever Chloe, just for now." Aliya says, her arm gently resting on Chloe's shoulder.

She shouldn't be out of bed, if we weren't sending these three off then I would of never allowed it. Luckily her reasons this one time are acceptable.

"I, know." Chloe sobs out, barely able to speak, poor lass. "But, still."

"We're all set Sir." Kyle says as he comes around this side of the truck.

"Good work."

"Listen Cap." Kyle begins but we aren't having any of that, one emotional person is enough.

"Ah. Not a word Gaz, the moment this situation is dealt with you will be back with the team understood?"

"Yes sir." He says with a smile that's a little too big.

"You'll be back before you know it Kyle, not that you're exactly protesting." Soap chuckles as he elbows him, Ghost just rolls his eyes at the both of them.

Chloe is hugging Blade and Moose when I look over, Tank finally pulling both of them off and ushering her and Aliya closer to the truck.

"Let's not take all day ladies." He says rolling his eyes and walking towards Kyle and I.

"Gaz." He says sternly, and from that height even i'd be a little intimidated if I was in Kyle's shoes but I just chuckle.

"Yes Tank, sir." Kyle says clearing his throat.

"I know I don't need to tell you to take care of her, but look after yourself as well." He says putting his hand out.

"I will thank you sir, for trusting me." Kyle responds as he shakes his hand.

"I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't." He huffs annoyed.

Once those girls get a bee in their bonnet it's impossible to get it out. I look over at them as they stop at the passenger door.

"Do EXACTLY what Kyle asks okay?" Aliya states very directly while a sobbing pink faced Chloe nods.

"And DON'T ask him to take you out and do things because he will and that puts you both at risk." Chloe nods again in response.

"Hey! I wouldn't.." I put my hand up to stop Kyle as Aliya glares at him.

"Let it go son, we all know you would." I respond, the men all quietly laughing in the background.

"And NO phone use at all." Aliya adds in

"What?!"

"CHLOE!" Both Aliya and Tank shout simultaneously.

"That puts Tank and I in danger as well Chloe, promise that you won't use it?" Aliya pleads with her, using Tank and herself as leverage. Smart woman.

"Alight, fine." Chloe sighs.

"Good." Aliya says hugging her and opening the passenger door.

"Wait!" Chloe shouts racing out to hug me, I've grown very fond of her I can't lie. She's helped me a lot with Aliya, shes a lot smarter than she lets on.

"Keep her safe, from herself more than anything." She whispers to me.

"I will." I whisper back.
She releases me and races back to climb into the truck. Aliya closing the door behind her. It was subtle and she covered it well but I noticed her lean on the truck to support herself. She hates to ask for help, even now.