Chapter 48 - Stay Awake

(Songs for this chapter -
Careless - VACATION MANOR
No Heaven - CHAMPION
Blessed & Free - KANE BROWN & H.E.R.)

PRICE POV

- I met this guy, handsome, kind
of cute, reminds me of you.

Is the message I get from Aliya, is this real? I've read it four times and still don't believe it.

- Oh?

Is all I write back, surely she didn't just send that to me. While I'm away in another country, she's talking to other men? No, I don't believe it.

- You said he could keep
me company.

- did I? When?
Who is this guy?

Like hell would I have said some other guy can keep her company. She's my girl no one else's.

A picture comes through a few minutes later. It's of her with the teddybear I took to Iris's, I chuckle at her relived. I had completely forgotten about it. That feels like another lifetime ago.

She looks so happy my god she's stunning, I'm glad she's okay without me being there. I was worried.

- Woman I was about to turn
around and come kick some
guys arse. No teasing when
I am so far away from you.

God she's lucky she's so beautiful, I think I just had a heart attack. She pushes my buttons so easily and she loves it.

- No teasing at all?

She sends through another picture of her in my hat. Her top pulled down just enough that the bite marks I left on her chest are out on display. The sexiest smile on her face.

"Fuck."

Ghost chuckles from the driver seat next to me. "Burnett giving you trouble?"

"You could say that."

"You okay Cap?" Kyle asks from the back of the transport truck.

"I'm fine Gaz, as you were."

This has Venom and Chloe written all over it. Fucking hell Aliya I will ruin you when I get back. I miss her I want to be back naked with her, touching her and hearing her giggle and whimper in my ear, fuck it's the best sound I've heard. I've been gone ten hours and already she's sending me this? Making me think about her body against me begging me to be inside her so soon after I've left. She makes everything so much harder to focus on but fuck do I love her for it.

- Maybe a little isn't too bad,
not when you are that beautiful.
Don't get too comfortable with my replacement, he's out on the
lounge when I get back.

- Yes Captain xxx

I chuckle to myself at that, she's teasing me. She's okay, the girls are taking care of her. I can focus on killing Shepherd and not have my concern for her take over my mind.

Or so I thought.

The first house we checked turned up empty and the second, then the estate we just missed him at, not to mention the bridge he blew up getting away from us yesterday. Always one step behind this bastard. I've been updating Aliya when I can but we've been on his tail for four days.