Chapter 79 - Convincing

(Songs for this chapter
World On Fire - NATE SMITH
How Could You Love Me - DARREN KIELY
Love, Save the Empty - ERIN MCCARLEY)

TANK POV

I hear Chloe and Gaz pull up into the drive way, they didn't waste any time I've only been here half an hour myself. The place is a little dusty and has an eerie feeling but that is out weighted by Chloe's feet stomping up the stairs.

Here we go.

"Tyler!" She shouts as soon as she slams open the door.

"Yes I know." I sigh.

"No you don't! Do you know where Ali is!?" She says as she bolts over and starts hitting me in the arms and chest, already in tears. Fuck I'm in big trouble.

"Last I saw her she was going back to talk to Price." I say trying to back up so she'll stop hitting me.

"Price wouldn't see her." Gaz says as he grabs her and holds her far enough away she can't get at me.

"Shit, I didn't know." She left Phoenix and I two weeks ago.
"I'm sure she could try again it's Price after all, he'll listen to her."

"She can't..." The rest of Chloe's words are drowned in crying so I can't make them out.

"Coyote isn't doing so well and isn't in a state to talk to anyone at the moment." Gaz fills in the blanks for me.

"I didn't realize things were this bad." I should have listened to her yesterday when she called.

I move a little closer to them but the second I put my hand on Chloe's shoulder she grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me down to her level. Mum use to do this to me well.

"You will fix this and fix it now!" She shouts at me as Gaz looks between her and I. "Go and tell John what you did!"

"I'm not allowed near him, Coyote was very clear about that." I interject looking down at her.

"I don't give a damn what she said."

"Plus Price would probably kill me if I went near him yeah?" I look at Gaz for clarification and he nods in agreement.

"She did that for you! You owe her!" Chloe shouts again.

I know I do, which is why for once I'm respecting her wishes and doing what she has asked of me.

"I'm sorry Chloe, I can't." I sigh as lower my head a little, she yells at me exactly like mum use to as well and I hate when I have to disappoint her.

"Sara would hate the person you have become."

My eyes snap back up to her but she quickly steps back and Gaz steps in front of her.
"She's just upset Tank, Coyote needs your help right now." He says trying to keep my temper under control.

Using Sara against me is low, especially for Chloe. She knows everything I've ever done was for her.

"You know everything I..." There's no point in yelling or arguing. What's done is done.

I leave them in the lounge and go back to our room, well my room. Sara's things are left  exactly where they were. I didn't move anything and I haven't been back here in for more than an hour in the last two years.
I lay down on bed, looking up at her sleeping mask hanging off the bed post.