Chapter 30 - I Hope

(Songs for this chapter -
Slow Summer - ZACHARY KNOWLES
Epiphany - TAYLOR SWIFT
Arsonist's Lullaby - HOZIER)

COYOTE POV

John is leading me through the hall, his hand in mine, the other on my lower back. He's not even trying to hide his affection as we walk past a few people, he doesn't care who sees us, it's so sweet.

"How many people are here?" I quietly ask.

"The base has 23 personnel but there's only two SAS teams here, the 141 and Alpha team." He answers in his sexy Captain voice, so 8-10 SAS soldiers that isn't as many as I was expecting.

He suddenly stops close to a rec room door and spins around to me, the momentum of still walking makes my body bump into his chest, he leans in and kisses me softly, he's trying to calm me down, reassure me. He's so thoughtful.

"Gaz and Soap don't know who you are I haven't told them, that's up to you." He quietly says to me.

"Thank you handsome." I whisper pushing up and kissing him on the cheek, he gets a little flustered by it. He clears his throat before we go in the door to see Kyle and Soap watching tv.

"Cap." Kyle notices us first, walking over to us in the door way.

"Good to see you again Kyle, how is Chloe?" I mock at him.

"She's, she's good." He says awkwardly. I think he's seen her more than I have lately.

"Soap this is Coyote, Coyote this is Soap." John politely introduces us.

"Nice to meet you ma'am." He says as he shakes my hand.

"Likewise, sorry about being a little awkward the other week." I say to him, it wasn't because of him but still.

"Oh that's okay, I'm sure it was all Ghosts fault," he laughs jokingly." He can be very intimidating." He adds on with a smile.

"She isn't afraid of me Johnny." I hear his voice from behind us, I squeeze Johns hand before we turn around.

"Hey Riley." I say stepping closer.

"Burnett." He says taking his mask off. I'm guessing by Johns face and the dead stillness of the other boys that he doesn't do that often.

"You look like shit," I smile up at him and go in to give him a hug, he leans down to hug me back.

"You look old." He says back after we hug. I laugh but John clears his throat in annoyance.

"You two know each other?" Soap asks, he looks almost hurt by the fact.

"Ril...Ghost and I went through selection together. Sorry it's going to take me forever to get use to calling you Ghost." I look between him and Soap.

"You can keep calling me Riley it's alright." He responds putting his mask back on.

"Selection?" Kyle comments. John is looking at me very intently, making sure I'm alright, always looking after me.

"Yes, not something I normally mention but I use to be a lieutenant," John steps closer to me. "In the Wild Dogs task force." John grabs my hand as I see Kyles face change and he puts the pieces together.

"Wild dogs? Isn't that the team that was captured and..." Riley elbows Soap to stop him from talking.

"Captured and killed, yes." I finish for him. I feel Johns other hand glide onto my hip, and his chest is touching my shoulder. He's being so protective, I can look after myself but I like that he's always there for me.