Chapter 58 - Stupid Woman

(Songs for this chapter
Without You - OH WONDER
Coming Back {feat. SZA} - JAMES BLAKE
For Tonight - GIVEON)

GHOST POV

The woman is crazy, she's going to get hypothermia. No jacket or even pants, for fuck sake Burnett.

Once I get close enough I put my thermos under my other arm and grab her, putting her over my shoulder.

"Hey Riley!" She waves from my shoulder like she isn't inches from my face, stupid woman. Price will never have a dull moment with you around. Not that he had that before with Gaz and Soap always up to trouble.

Would never have picked it, Price and Burnett. Can't help who you love I suppose, that's what they say isn't it?

"Trying to get yourself into an early grave?" I comment as we head for Prices quarters.

"It hasn't snowed here in years. Do you remember that place in Norway we had to train in long distance surveillance, what was it called?"

"Dombas, yes I remember." I respond as she looks up at the sky, the snow getting a little heavier.

"That was a great time." She answers.

"You got frost bite in both your hands." She had scabs for over a month, I wouldn't call that great.

"It was worth it to me. So, how's Johnny?" She says in that suggestive tone.

"He's okay."

"Is he?" She says back, waving at Price who's waiting at the top of the stairs.

"You won't be if you pull that shit again." I mutter walking up the stairs. I would of killed her for last night if Johnny didn't look so goddamn happy.

"He likes you Riley, and we'll all be dust in the ground before you make a move." She says shaking her head.

I put her down on the top step as Price grabs her hand to hold her steady.

"Thank you Ghost." He mumbles, rolling his eyes at Burnett. But by the way she's smiling they obviously made up.

I nod and turn back around.
"Wait Riley!" Burnett shouts as she comes the few steps down to where I am.

"I know it's hard trust me I know. But just try, Please. You deserve some happiness." She whispers.

"Maybe." I say back over my shoulder before I move down the stairs.

Stupid woman, stop thinking about everyone else and look after yourself. She never was good at that, even before. Would always get into trouble for helping others, the extra beatings and punishments she took for it. But she has got Price to look after her now, well all of us really but Price especially.

I head towards Johnnys room, he won't be feeling to good this morning and the sudden snow will make it even harder for the hungover lads to get out of bed.

He drank a lot, he's was so far past drunk by the time Burnett got him up to dance that he might not even remember it. I hope he does.

I nervously shuffle the thermos into my other hand and knock on his door.

"Lt is that you?"  I hear from behind the door.

"Yeah."

"Come in."

I slowly open the door, Johnny is still in bed, right where I left him last night. His mohawk is in shambles and he looks pale.

"Ghost I feel like shit." He sighs as he looks up at me.