Chapter 70 - She's Mine

(Songs for this chapter
The Perfect Girl - MAREUX
Gasoline - HALSEY)

XANDER POV

"This had better be good." Melina angrily protests as she follows me down the corridor.

It's late but I had to get her up, we have to start straight away. The sooner the better, I want her on my side before her people recover and try and come for her.

"It is I can assure you." I say as we move into the security room. I stand and stare at the screen waiting for her to say something.
She squints a little and moves close to the screen.

"Is that Coyote? You finally catch her hmm?" She ask whilst yawning.

"Yes I did." I sigh out. "Now will you go and do your thing."

"Don't take that tone with me, consider yourself lucky I am even here!" She snaps back.

"Yes your right, thank you for coming to help dear sister." I roll my eyes at her.

She huff and folds her arms.

"You'll be able to do it right?" I ask a little less demandingly than before.

"Of course, I can break anyone." She spits boastfully.

"You know she's good at fighting, I've watched her take a decent beating or two."

"Not from me you haven't." She says almost excitedly as she turns to walk past me.

"You'll go easy? I want her in one piece after this, she's mine not yours." I growl after her.

"If I go easy then it doesn't work, trust my methods." She sarcastically smiles from the door before she leaves.

I watch her on the cameras as she makes her way to Coyotes holding room. She opens the door slowly and leans on the door frame.

"Well well, my brother finally dragged in his favorite mutt." She slyly states at Coyote.

She has always been the favorite child, and she never lets me forget it.

"Melina, you've aged." Coyotes taunts back from the chair she's tied to.

If there's one thing my sister hates, it's anyone commenting on her looks. She tilts her head and dismisses my two guards from the room.

Her head snaps back around to Coyote and she's standing over her in a flash.

"My brother says you can take a beating?" She taunts but Coyote says nothing, just gives her that ferocious glare she does.

"Because I can dish out one." She snaps out as she hits Coyote across the face and hard.

I don't like it, I don't want her beauty messed up, she has a subtle attraction about her that drops peoples guard and that will be useful. Plus I can't have a scarred woman on my arm. It's bad for business.

Coyotes starts laughing, I do love her spirit. My eyes are glued to the screen as Melina hits her in the ribs and she starts coughing, trying to breathe.