Chapter 47 - The Girls

(Songs for this chapter -
Gray - SLENDERBODIES
Stir Me Up - LANE 8
As I Am - H.E.R)

VENOM POV

Chloe gasps and Jenny and I turn to see her running towards the entrance, Coyote walking in towards the bar. She still looks like hell, just maybe a few circles up from the centre. Poor thing she always seem to be the one who takes on all the suffering.

Chloe stops in from of her, this would be so hard for her, Chloe's a hugger. Lucky for her Coyote reaches out and brings her in for one.

Thanks Beanie.

Oh jeez now Chloe is crying, one emotional wreck at a time please. I walk out from behind the bar and over to them.

"Chloe cut it out don't make her feel guilty." I order as I get to them.

"It's alright I understand." Coyote says to me but her voice is awful, scratched and broken.

"Should you be here miss?" I glance at her neck, it's still purple but there's more yellow now. It's healing but slowly.

"I'm okay, I didn't want to be home alone." Her voice crackles back. Chloe lets go and we both start walking her behind the bar.

"Where's Beanie?"

"He went to kill the man that did this." She points to her neck, well I can't be mad at him for that.

"He left you?" Chloe sobs as we sit Coyote down on a foot stool behind the bar.

"I said he could go Chloe, this is his way of helping, keeping me safe."

Chloe looks up at me for confirmation, I nod down to her that Coyote is right. While in a lot of situations I wouldn't agree and say that he should of stayed, military men feel especially useless in emotional situations, there isn't an enemy in front of them that they can deal with. So doing this would be just as good for him as it is for her. And she gets that, she was military after all, it's in her blood the same as his.

"Did he say how long they will be gone?"
Chloe asks after a moment of silence.

"He's not sure, but I have my phone on me and he'll update me whenever he can." Coyote says taking her phone out of her pocket.

"Well hallelujah, you actually have your phone on you." I cheek back at her and Chloe laughs.

The girls and I keep her behind the bar, she's tried to help a few times but I've made her sit back down, it's early and not busy so there's really no need for her to do anything.

Once Chloe is up on stage and out from behind the bar I go and lean against the bar next to her.

"You really okay?" I ask her without looking down.

"I'm better." She quietly answers.

"You know no one would blame you for leaving, you don't have to stay in this place. I know you think you owe everyone and it's your responsibility to keep us all safe but it's not."

She doesn't answer, she doesn't agree. She won't leave until we are all safely out of here. A trait I admire but most of us, myself included, are here for a reason. Running from something trying to find something or someone and while I know she's doing her best to help me find Phoenix. Like everything else in this hell hole, it's not that simple.