2

[Picture of Ashley Freely]

I scrolled through my Instagram feed as I sat in the passenger seat of my mom's car. I double tapped a few pictures when I saw a notification at the top of my screen. I pressed on the text message. It was my friend Ava.

Ava: Let me know when you get here.

Me: Here.

  I sent the message right as I pulled into her massive driveway. I got out of the car hauling my Vera Bradley bag to her front door. I turned back to wave at my mom who was now pulling out.

   Just as I was about to knock on the front door it opens. "Hey, Ash." She smiles.

  "Hey sorry I was a little late from dance." Ugh, I can't tell you how much it sucks to have dance 6 times a week. I practically live there.

"It's alright." I followed her up the stairs into her room with the twenty-pound bag in my hands. I swear I almost fell down the stairs.

  There sat Colleen on the Spiny chair with her hair sectioned off. I Set my bag on her full-size bed, sitting down in exhaustion. That freaking bag weighs a million pounds!

   Ava grabbed the curling wand from her desk curling Colleen's strawberry blonde shoulder length hair. "Ashley oh my god!" She looks up from her phone. "When I was getting out of my car I tripped over my own leg and fell out of my car." She said laughing hysterically.

  We all laughed in sync.  I saw a medium sized box laying on her bed. I opened it and my eyes opened wide at the sight of Christmas themed chocolate and various types of candies. "Ava, can I have some candy from in here?"

  "Yeah sure go ahead." My two friends talked and joked around while I just sat there with a box of diabetes laying on my lap. I unwrapped one small KitKat and plopped it in my mouth.

  I hadn't eaten since lunch so I just kept unwrapping chocolate and placing handfuls of skittles in my mouth without even realizing it. I am legit the fattest person. I have no idea how I wasn't featured on six hundred pound life yet.

   I mean I'm pretty skinny, with my slim body type from dancing 4 hours a day, but if you saw half the garbage I eat you'd be wondering the same thing.

   I stuck my hand in the box feeling for more candy but all there was, was small candy wrappers. Whoops, sorry, Ava. I guess I ate all your candy.

  "Can you pass me a piece of chocolate?" Ava asked looking at me. Oh no!

  "There isn't anymore.." I nervously chuckled.

"What the heck Ashley!" She laughed only half mad.

"I'm sorry I was hungry!"

"So you eat the entire box of candy?"

"Yes.." all three of us laughed.

"When should my mom take us to the mall?" I checked the time on my Apple Watch seeing that it was fifteen minutes to five.

"Five thirty?" Colleen requested.

"Yeah, that's a good time." I agreed. She put down the wand having curled the lower portion of her head. She began texting her mom and I just leaned back on her bed. I unlocked my phone taking selfies on my snapchat camera.

   I saw that I got another notification from Instagram but I was used to it. It was probably a like or a follow request. I just ignored it, I'll check it later. There's always later.

  I just watched some snapchat stories while I waited for them to finish doing their hair and makeup. I brought seventy-five dollars with me since I wanted to get a few things from Pink. I really wanted this cute navy blue and black sports bra that said Main Event across the front. It was finally on sale and I was dying to get it.

  It was all of a sudden quiet. I heard my two best friends snickering and whispering as they hovered over Colleen's phone. "What's so funny?" I asked sitting up.

They turned around and in unison, they both said "nothing". Then I heard laughing again.

  "I said, what's so funny." They both began laughing hysterically continuing their frustrating whispers.

  "Secrets secrets are no fun unless you share with everyone." I chanted jokingly. "Guys cmon what's going on!"

  "It's a surprise," Ava answered mid-laugh.

"Guys I'm being serious what's so funny?" I stared between the two of them with my eyebrows raised. They both exchanged a look then looked back at me.

  "We invited Conner." Colleen snickered. My eyes widened and the two idiots just sat there cracking up.

  "Guys! Why would you do that?" I got up and walked towards them. "Josh is going to be so mad at me."

   "Well, Josh didn't want to come." Ava pointed out.

  "He couldn't. He had hockey practice." I defended.

  "Ash he always has hockey practice! He never has time for you."

She had a point, but he was my boyfriend. I love him and he loves me. It's not his fault he's busy with hockey.

"Well, I don't want you guys to set me up with other guys."

"We're not he's our friend," Colleen exclaimed.

Ava's phone went off and she opened what seemed to be iMessage. "My moms waiting for us in the car."

We all grabbed our handbags and put on our coats and shoes. All three of us headed towards her moms tight-space silver car, all of us squeezed in the back.

The whole ride there was pretty quiet. I just stared out the window, a blur of cars and trees passing us by. I'd be getting my license soon, so I'd be in the driver's seat in a few short months.

A lot of freedom came with a drivers license. Being able to go where ever you want whenever you want was one of the best parts. Not needing to depend on anyone. 

I just can't wait.

My phone buzzed in my hand. The screen lit up with a text Message from Josh Wood. I put in my password and saw the full text.

Josh: Wish I could've been there. Love you, Ash Ash,❤❤

I smiled at the sweet text, thinking about how lucky I am. He's really one of the sweetest guys any girl could ask for. If only he wasn't so busy all the time.

I love the guy but we never get to go out since he's always at the rink. Suddenly my thoughts strangely drifted to Andrew.

Yesterday was the first day I saw him. He didn't show up to school today though. Maybe he's sick or something. Maybe he didn't feel like going to school.

He seems like the ditching type. His presence screamed Watch out but I couldn't help but think of him.

I just can't figure out why.