85

I MADE A TRAILER TO THIS BOOK SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT YOU CAN FIND IT IN THE FIRST CHAPTER!! COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK!!

[ Ashley's P.O.V]

I let the water run just enough to dampen the hand towel. I looked back to see Andrew where I left him. It was just the two of us in the house, only an hour after school had let out. There he sat on wooden stool behind the kitchen island. I brought a large wooden bowl underneath the faucet, letting it fill up mid-way.

He looked down at his bruised up hands, and I observed as he kept trying to straighten them. His expression was monotonous, not showing any emotion whatsoever. I stopped the running water, straining the wet towel, and carrying the now heavy bowl. The weight of the water moving, made it slightly difficult to carry, but I managed.

In silence I walked over to Andrew, getting a closer look at his fight wounds. I set the wooden bowl in the stool right beside him, and he looked over at me. His dark eyes held mine for a moment before I took his left hand into mine. I hovered it over the small body of water, slowly dipping the towel into it.

   I lightly squeezed it getting some of the water out of from the towel. I covered his beat up knuckles, summoning a reaction to the sting he was feeling at the sudden contact with the wound.

   I cleaned the blood off of his hands, watching as it dripped down into the bowl. Each time he winced when more water was being used to clean his open cuts. "Shit!" He cursed.

   "I'm sorry." I apologized, aware of how much it must be hurting.

"No, it's fine keeping going." I reached over for a dry towel, wiping away all the remaining water.

   "What were you thinking?" I wondered softly.

  "Are you joking with me right now?" Andrew chuckled in disbelief. "What was I thinking?" I just stared at his stunned expression. "Ashley, he.. he-"

  "I know." Interrupted, refusing to hear the word. "You didn't have to knock him out."

"Oh, if mr.Erickson hadn't pulled me off, I would've done more than just fucking knock him out." He spat indignantly.

  I believed him. When I watched him repeatedly strike Josh in the jaw, I was terrified that he'd kill him. With pure rage, he had no intention of stopping and I saw that. I wasn't terrified for Josh, but for Andrew. He can't go to jail.

   Last time he pulled a knife and was let off with a warning. They instead transferred him here, to Northside high school and assigned him to a probation officer. If he did anything remotely criminal, he'd get a prison sentence for sure. At least that's what Andrew had told me a while back.

   He was doing good lately, so he wasn't under as much restrain. I don't want him to end up in jail because of me. I won't let him.

   "I hate him for what he did to you." Andrew continued, gritting his teeth.

"Me too." Was all I managed to say. It was quiet, as I continued to do the same thing to his other hand.

"Why did he send the flowers?"

"He said he still loves me and that he wants to get back together and all that crap." I explained, now bandaging his hands.

"That son of a-" Andrew didn't finish his sentence, taking deep breaths. It was evident that he was trying to keep himself calm, but talking about this just seemed to get him infuriated.