40

Can someone please tell me how in the world we got 20k reads in a month and a half?

[sorry for the terrible chapter]

                                     •••

      I couldn't stop thinking about last night and I could not for the life of me go to sleep.

  When Andrew drove off there wasn't anything I could do anymore. I couldn't chase after him or try to convince him to stay.

   You know I tried my best to talk him out of it. He didn't listen and there's no telling what he could do.. or did.

    I'm more concerned for Andrew since he could get into trouble with the police. He's already switched schools once, and I don't want it to happen again. I don't want him to leave.

    I honestly wouldn't know what to do without him. He's always there for me, always caring about my feelings and what I have to say. He's so perfect.

    Despite his 'bad boy' front he has a good heart. He's not some kind of sociopath that lacks in empathy. If anything, his emotions are his most heightened feature. He's probably the one person that I know, that feels everything to the extreme.

   He may try to hide what he really feels but I can see right through it. I can see his intense emotions clearly seen on his face.. especially last night.

Behind all that wit, there's a broken heart.

    Andrew told me it wasn't my fault. After all this time I've been completely convinced that I was the blame for Josh's out break. That I was the cause of him laying a hand on me.

    I was obsessed with the idea that it was the cause of my actions that he reacted in such a violent way. But after yesterday my point of view was changed.

   Andrew told me that it in fact wasn't my fault, and that it was all him. It was his own fault for deciding to hit a girl. For hurting me in that way.

   I couldn't possibly be the reason. Could I?

He's dangerous. Andrew's voice repeated in my head. But is he? Is he really dangerous?

What if that was a one time thing or maybe he didn't mean it.

No! Ashley you have to end the relationship. If you don't break up with him it'll only get worse. My subconscious argued.

Andrew is right, for all I know he could get dangerous. Maybe Josh and I should break up..

You know what? I'll break up with him the next time I see him. Enough is enough right? He overstepped my boundaries and I'm not going to just sit here and do nothing.

Who knows what he'll do next. I won't be around to find out, I'll tell you that much.

Josh and I are over. If I didn't have a heart I'd do it over the phone but could at least have the decency to do it in person. It all ends Monday.

My phone buzzed and I eagerly checked it hoping it was Andrew. I nearly flipped out when Josh wood with two red hearts popped up.

I'm changing his contact name. Every time my phone goes off I get a sickening feeling. An anxiety that it's Josh that's texting me.

I don't think that's normal. I shouldn't be dating someone that makes me feel like throwing up to the point where I physically can't eat.

I should be with someone that makes me happy, not someone that I fear. I shouldn't dread getting text messages from that person, they should make my day.

And they did used to make my day, but things have changed. I'd smile every time he'd text me through out the day. Now I'm scared to even look at my phone. Seeing his name just upsets me.

I opened my phone and went into contacts. I scrolled through to Josh's name and changed it to "White trash". That made me laugh out loud.
Maybe a little too loud.

I had about thirty unread texted messages. He's been texting me all week, especially today. There were so many missed calls that I didn't bother returning. I can't talk to him right now. I'm not ready and it's been a week since it happened.

All the text messages were all along the lines of "I'm sorry" or "I love you " and "I'll never do it again" and a looottttt of "please don't tell anyone." I guess it's a little too late for that.

The most recent ones said "ashley I've learned my lesson" or "can we talk?" And "can we fix this?"

I didn't want to answer. The truth is.. I don't even know if I want to fix this. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if he hit me again. It'd all be too much for me to handle.

It's final then. The next time I see Josh I'll break things off. From Monday forward I'll be a single girl again. With Valentine's Day barely a week away I'd be spending it by myself.

I have no problem with that. I don't even think I can handle another relationship after this one. It'll take me some time to forgive and forget.

But who knows, maybe once he's gone, another guy would help me get over him. I honestly don't know.

I'll probably end up spending Valentine's Day with my friends, or better yet watching Netflix.

You can never go wrong with Netflix.