47

The ride home was silent and awkward. The ride here was no where near as uncomfortable as this. Of course I didn't say anything to upset him on the ride to the restaurant.

I don't know what came over me.

The thought of Josh finding out terrifies me. The last time I hung out with Andrew at the movies, Tasha found out somehow. The last time I accused him of cheating, it didn't end well for either of us.

I don't want to know what's going to happen if he finds out that we kissed. I was afraid.

"Andrew." I finally said.

There was no answer.

"Hey.."

"What!" He shouted, not looking at me.

"I'm so so sorry, it's just jo-"

"I don't want to hear about him ashley. I don't want to hear you make excuses for him." Andrew lectured. I knew he was pissed at me. I just didn't know how to get through to him.

"I didn't want to cheat Andrew." I continued.

"I thought he didn't count as anything remember?"

"Yeah but he-"

"Just stop." And that was the end of our conversation. I rolled down the window watching the blur of trees and cars as they passed us by.

I guess him teaching me how to drive is also out of the question.

Ugh! Why do I always screw things up for myself? Natural-born talent I guess.

We stopped in the front of my house, the window rolled up. I looked over to see him looking out the window. "Andrew I'm sorry." I apologized again.

"Just.. go."

I heard the pain in his voice. I did this, I turned him down and now he's pissed. I'll make it up to him. I won't stop apologizing until he forgives.

I quickly opened the car door, slamming it behind me. Without looking back I walked up my small walkway.

Crap! I'm still wearing his jacket.

I quickly turned around taking off the jacket. "Andrew wait!" And before I could make it back to his car he sped off.

I heard the loud screech of the tires down the road. He was gone.

I took out my house, unlocking the front door. Turning on the light I walked in to a quiet house. Chris was probably asleep since there is school tomorrow.

I spotted the cheap teddy bear and chocolates on the table by the front door. Just looking at them completely changed my mood.

Other girls don't get Valentine's Day chocolates from guys. This one particular guy I got them from pisses me off. I grabbed the gifts that he gave me and threw them in the garbage. Whether or not it's your dead mothers or not I don't care.

I don't want your crap in my house.

I sat on the couch turning on the tv. It was only 9:00 so I could stay up just a little longer. I launched Netflix pressing on greys anatomy. There's still time to full fill my plans.

The chocolate strawberries were still on the coffee table, slightly melted. That's my fault, I completely forgot about them. I took a strawberry and finally took a bite of it.

Everything would've been fine if I just stuck to my plan. But I didn't.

•••

The next day at school, I tried to look for Andrew. I really wanted to talk to him, maybe we can work things out. I knew that I needed to break up with Josh but I needed a little more time.

I haven't seen him at his locker all day or in language arts. He's probably absent today. Okay that's fine, I'll get him tomorrow.

"Ashley!" I heard an irritated voice call out to me. I turned around to see that it was our 'friend' dirtbag.

"Josh?"

"Did you get my texts?" He boomed hovering over me. "I left you like a million messages last night."

"Sorry I fell asleep." I lied.

"Yeah, with Andrew!" He raged. Where the hell is this coming from?

"Woah! Josh why would you think that?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"Because you stupid girl, I saw you leave with him after I left!"

"What did you just call me?"

"You ditched me for that-that terrorist!" This is getting wayyyyy out of line. Josh needs to calm down before he does something he's going to regret.

"How was I supposed to know he was coming over my house?" I asked a little annoyed at the fact he was spying on me.

"Don't you dare lie to me!" He pushed me back against the locker. I need to end this before it goes to far. He's not going to have his way with me this time.

I will not let him humiliate me in front of the whole school. Of course no one was currently paying attention to us but you never know.

"I'm not lying." I tried to assure him. He grabbed me by the arm in a tight grip pulling me closer.

"Yes you are you skank ." He hissed in my ear. I yanked my hand away from him slapping him in the face.

"Go to hell Josh!" I yelled walking away.

"Get back here!"

I didn't turn to look at him, all I did was put up both my middle fingers. That'll show him.

What a bastard. I actually hate him. I guess getting beat up wasn't enough. His rage is truly uncontrollable. Oh well, he can exit.

•••

Just remember everything is part of the plot line. I want you guys to understand I have I've planned out the story and at what points things are going to happen. Everything happens for a reason.

You guys have any favorite lines from the story so far?