97

I was frozen on the spot, hardly believing what I'd been seeing. Was he really standing right there? Right in front of my own two eyes?

I was afraid to blink, thinking that he'd disappear. What if this had been another of my suspected hallucinations? Oh no..

I took a deep breath before shutting my eyes tightly. Opening them,'a smile had spread across my face. He was real. Andrew was standing right there.

His previously thick hair, replaced with what I believe is called an undercut. I almost didn't recognize him. It wasn't really that faded, but he had let it grow longer on the top.

It was much shorter on the sides and a whole lot thicker and longer on the top. I admired his newly styled hair, taking note of his combed over look.

I must say however, it looked good on him.

They were looking but I didn't care. I ran to him anyway.

There was no use in trying to blink away the inevitable tears that came my way. I let them fall without a second thought.

His face had a few cuts and bruises on the side of his forehead and temple, but nothing extreme.

My eyes were completely fixed on his. There was something much different about them. I didn't know what had changed but, I had noticed a few differences.

"Andrew?" I spoke looking up at him. Looking down at me he broke into a smile that I had known well. I saw his eyes begin to tear up before engulfing me in his embrace.

Andrew held me much closer to his chest, tighter than he's ever hugged me. My arms wrapped around his neck, practically choking him.

For a moment it had felt like we were the only two people in the world. Everything around us had become irrelevant. The few people that had stopped to look at us hadn't even crossed our minds.

"Ashley." His wobbly voice whispered in my ear. I buried my face in his chest, taking in his calming scent.

The Versace cologne that I had remembered so vividly. Not so much the weed, but I had picked up on the scent from his clothing. "I missed you." I laughed.

Without response, his shaky hands cupped my face bringing me into a meaningful kiss. I hadn't realized how much I had really missed him until our lip to lip contact. That kiss had been enough to kick start my feelings, even stronger than before.

If that was even possible that is..

There was something about him that was strange. Andrew Hills had seemed.. anxious. His confident stance was minimized by the nervousness that seemed to take over him.

Maybe it was out of shock or something, but there's was definitely a drastic change in his behavior. "Can we talk?" I asked breathing heavily. That kiss knocked the wind out of me, I can tell you that much.

"Yes, but not here." He eyed the crowds of teenagers suspiciously. I fixed the crooked collar of his leather jacket, before bringing a hand to his hard face. "I'll come by after school."

"Okay, I'll be waiting." I caressed his cheek, admiring him from up close. I had a feeling that today would be special.

I had no idea, that something as surprising as this would happen. Sure I was hoping and praying for him to come back, but I never would've thought that it'd be today.

This was probably one of the best first days of school ever. I finally got back the one thing, well one person that had kept me going. I knew that now, I was happy.

Finally, after the empty year I've had to endure it was all over. Everything from the past was gone.

It was time for us to begin our relationship. To use up that second chance we never go to try out. The week that would've been spent at the beach and under the sun could now be possible.

Now, there was nothing that we couldn't do together, for as long as we may have. Andrew and I could finally start to do the things that we never got to. The plans we never fulfilled could come true at last.

The love I had for this boy was unreal. Never have I felt anything quite like this before. Not for anyone of my past boyfriends until now. This emotion was extremely new to me. It was something I've never experienced till him.

I know I sound like some lovestruck teenager with a boy-obsessed reputation, but trust me, until you've met the right person you wouldn't know what this feels like. If you were in my place, you'd be saying the same think with possibly some drool hanging from your mouth.

Ha ha gross.

"Andrew," I quietly said. He didn't say much, except for look at me with his unusually sad eyes. It didn't take a telescope to see that those deep dark eyes held pain. If you looked hard enough you'd see it too. It went way beyond the death of his father and brother. "I love you." I had Spaced the words out just enough.

He shut his eyes tight, as I watched a single tear slide down his face. A genuine smile, lit his entire facial expression when he stared down at me once more. Andrew had planted another strongly meaningful kiss on my lips in reply.

I wiped away the tears and he exhaled, bringing his hands up to cup my face. "God I missed you."

I didn't realize I had cried a river myself, until Andrew's thumb had wiped them away. What a sight this must be.

The two of us crying like idiots in each others' arms. I can only imagine.

But you know what? I don't care. That's not my main concern for the moment. The only thing I care about right now is the fact that he'd come back to me. Andrew Hills hadn't moved away or changed schools. He had come back here.

To me.

Despite everything we've been through, I knew that deep down we'd somehow find a loophole. We'd find a way to get past this, whatever it might be.

Whatever happened in that prison couldn't have been anything good, but I knew that the both of us were stronger than to give up now.

After all we'd endured together, it's too late to back out of this relationship. This time I'd fight for him. I'll do all that I can to stay firm in my standing.

I can't give up after little things that come between us anymore. It's not worth it. After everything he's done for me, the least I could do is stick with him.

To stand right there by his side in what seems like a very painful, very difficult time. I had a feeling that whatever had happened to him wasn't good. Not in the least.

I saw the suffering in his pained gaze. My instincts warned me that there was something wrong. From that moment forward I knew that this wouldn't be any easier than anything we've ever had to face.

If anything it would be worse. I had no idea what had happened in that place but sooner or later I'd find out.

There was no telling what he had been through. What his year had consisted of.

Whatever may have happened, I was determined to do everything I could to help him get through it.

I loved him too much to continue to see him go through it alone. Hopefully this time he'd let me, because there was no way I'd just sit there and watch the Andrew I know and love start to slip away.

No matter what it took, I'd get him back.