39

Andrew ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Whatever he was about to tell me was really upsetting him.

    "He tried to kill himself this morning." He finally said. "Gosh, it sounds worse saying it out loud."

   My eyes widened and I swear my jaw hit the ground. Out of all the things I expected him to say, his brother attempting suicide hadn't even crossed my mind.

   "Andrew, oh my goodness!" Without wasting another minute I went in to hug him. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. I buried my head in his chest, inhaling his scent.

   "I don't know what to do ash.. he's my brother."

   "Why would he do that though?" I asked hugging him tighter. I wanted him to know that I was there for him.

    It was only fair considering all the times he's stood up for me. When Josh wasn't there, Andrew was.

   "I don't know. He needs a good girl in his life." He responded resting his head at the top of mine. "The girl he's in love with doesn't feel the same way."

   "That's not healthy Andrew." I told him looking up into his eyes. "He shouldn't be trying to end his life over a girl. It's not worth it."

  "I tried telling him but he's been so depressed." I heard the worry in his voice. I could tell that he really cared and loved his brother. "Good thing I found him."

   "I'm so sorry."

"God knows what would've happened if I hadn't been there."

   "It's going to be okay Andrew." I tried to assure him with as much confidence as I could muster.

    "I hope your right.."

We just stood in the middle of the road in an embrace. Andrew's strong arms were around my waist and I didn't want to move. I've wanted to hug him ever since Saturday.

  After Josh has lashed out on me, the first thing I wanted to do was tell him and just stay in his arms.

   "Ash?" He cashed breaking the silence.

"Yeah Andrew?"

   "What happened on Saturday?"

I don't know if I should tell him. Should I?

   "Why?" Was all I could manage.

"I told you about my brother, now I'm asking you to tell me what happened." We were now looking at each other and I felt that terrible nauseous telling in my stomach. "Don't say it was nothing. You've been acting different all week."

   Know is the time to tell him. Right here, right now.

   "I um.. I called him out on hanging out with Tasha. I was just so angry and annoyed that I actually accused him of cheating on me with her," He stared into my blue eyes as I tried to gather my thoughts. "My emotions got in the way and I just, I started hitting him and.."

  The scene that took place last weekend flooded my memory and I couldn't say it. "And.." I tried saying it again but tears just poured down my face almost as much as it did that same day.

   I looked away from him crossing my arms. I felt a warm hand cup my face. He wiped away my tears and I looked up at him. "What happened?" He asked in a calm voice.

    All hell would break loose once I told him. I've said too much already, I might as well finish the story.

   "Josh got angry and he h-hit me." Once I finished my sentence I started bawling my eyes out and I saw the anger in his face.

   He cursed out loud. He pulled me into a hug and I felt his muscles tighten. His jaw was clenched and he held me tight.

    "He hit you?" Andrew shouted. His voice echoed in the distance. I continued crying in his arms so I just nodded. "That bastard!"

    "I'm going to kill him!" Andrew growled. "You don't hit girls. That's messed up!"

   "I wanted to tell you but-"

"Shhh it's okay." He cradled me in his arms despite the fact that he was extremely pissed off. "He'll never touch you again."

    "I was s-so scared Andrew." My voice broke in between gasps.

      "You dumped him right?"

"N-no.."

     "Your messing with me right?" Andrew questioned me pulling away. He looked at me confused and I just wiped off my tears. "Ash.. he's dangerous what are you doing?"

    "I-it was my f-fault. I made him mad." I explained. This just pissed Andrew off even more.

  "Are you out of your mind!?!" Andrew looked at me in shock at what I just said. He grabbed my hands holding them in his. "I never want to hear that come out of your mouth ever again, alright? This was not your fault you hear me?"

   I nodded as even more tears fell down my face. "None of this is your fault.. come here." And with that he pulled me into another hug. He held my head in his hand, the other one snaking around my thin waist.

     He let go of me getting on to his motorcycle. "Where are you going?"

    "I'm going to have a little talk with Josh."

"No! Stop don't do anything." I shrieked.

    "I'm not just going to sit here and let him hit you baby."

    "Don't do anything. Please."

"I'm sorry Ashley but I'm not sitting this one out. He hurt you and I'm going to make sure that son of a- ugh! I'm going to make sure he never lays another filthy hand on you ever again." As much as I wanted him to beat him up for what he did I couldn't let him do it.

   "Please Andrew, I don't want you getting into trouble!" I pleaded. "Don't do anything."

    "Trouble? You think I'm worried about getting into trouble? You are my main priority, I don't give a scrap about getting into trouble."

   Ugh! He's so impossible. "Please Andrew.." I tugged on his arm looking deeply into his eyes.

   He caresses my cheek, as his features softened. "I care about you too much to just let this go. I hate seeing you hurt."

   "I'm fine, really." I tried to convince him into staying. Him going to Josh's house at one in the morning wouldn't lead to anything good.

   I highly doubt any talking would be done if I let him leave.

   "No your not. I can see it." Andrew put on his helmet and started the engine. "You mean so much to me that it hurts."

   He rode off without another word. I feared for what he would do, but there was no way for me to know.