72

I took another small bite from the burrito bracing myself from the terrible taste. First of all the tortilla was pretty much falling apart at the seems. Second of all the chicken was over cooked, tasting burned pretty much. And overall it was not a great experience.

I slowly chewed the meat, tortilla, and whatever was in this sorry excuse for food, tasting how terrible it really was. Maybe it's just because I'm very closed minded when it comes to food, but this was honestly awful!

From across the table I saw Andrew taking bite after bite from his food. I guess he seemed to like it. Either that or he's just really hungry.

I took a long sip from my smoothie, to wipe away the taste from my mouth. It was extremely.. nauseating. The blend of banana and strawberry became evident the longer I drank. Small ice chunks sat on my tongue from the obviously poorly blended beverage.

How is Andrew enjoying this so much? Am I going crazy or did that red-head poison my food? Did she make it taste like this on purpose? Poorly blend my smoothie on purpose?

Huh.. that sounds a little insane. It's either that Ally wants to play childish little games with me, or the food here really sucks. It's probably the second choice.

I licked my lips, slowly pushing my tray forward, to show that I was done. I felt bad for wasting his money like that but, you have to understand that, that was one of the worst things I've ever eaten.

"Are you not going to finish that?" Andrew asked with a mouthful of burrito. He pointed at the garbage on the tray with his pinky finger while I just stared at it. I'd taken about two bites of it and I hated every second of it.

Tasted like cat food.

"I don't really like it." I simply told him. He stopped chewing, staring at me.

"What's wrong with it?"

"I don't know it's just.. gross." I said.

"Well.. do you want to get something else?" Andrew suggested putting down his food. "Maybe a chicken taco or something?"

"Andrew.. I'm sorry I didn't say this before but, I actually hate meat." I confessed.

"Oh.. ashley I'm sorry. I would've taken you somewhere else if I'd known."

   " It's fine, I wanted to try the food here too." I gave him a hopefully convincing smile. Andrew continued to eat his burrito, sour cream surrounding his mouth. I let out a laugh at the white substance.

   "Are you laughing at me freely?" Andrew joked.

"You have a little um.." I tried to show him where the food on his face was. He grabbed a napkin wiping the opposite side of where the sour cream was.

   I laughed at his failed efforts. "Are you messing with me?"

   "No. Here let me do it." I laughed. I picked up my napkin, leaning over the table. Our eyes connected as I brought my hand to the side of his mouth. His dark eyes slowly dilating. You wouldn't be able to notice it from far away, in fact if you didn't look hard enough you'd miss it.

    I slowly wiped off the mess, now being all of two inches away from his face. My heart rapidly beat in my chest, as a grew more and more nervous than before.

    I sat back down in my seat, unable to rip away my gaze. After a minute or so, he took another bite this time scrunching his face.

  "Your right, this place is garbage." He spit the food in his mouth out onto the napkin.

   "See I told you!" I pointed out.