78

I laid in my bed, buried under my covers. I heard as my alarm clock went off over and over again in an endless loop.

   It was like I was hearing the alarm but I wasn't at the same time. I was aware that it was going off but I just wasn't listening. I lay still in my bed ignoring the blaring sound, as countless minutes flew by.

   Five minutes turned into ten, then fifteen, twenty, and so on. I was unable to move. I had no energy whatsoever.

   Not even enough to shut off the sound.

Used tissues from yesterday surrounded me. They were under the covers, over the covers, and ever some were on the floor.

   I cried a river last night, no joke. I had a massive head ache and there was nothing you could do to get me out of bed. That's it, I'm not going to school today.

   There is no way you can convince me to show my face there after yesterday. Under no circumstance do I want to see Andrew or Tasha. They'll be better off without me. For all I care they could raise their baby far away from me.

    I'm no longer associated with him so it's really none of my business. I'll avoid talking to him as long as he says as far away from me as possible. He's just another reminder of how sad my life really is.

    I heard my phone go off a few times. Whether it be text messages or phone calls, these notifications were blowing up my phone.

   I didn't care.

"Ashley! Your going to be late!" I heard my mom shout from the bottom of the stairs. "I'm going to the airport!"

   I didn't answer. I didn't have the energy to shout. Let alone talk.

    "Ashley!" She called, walking into my room. My mom froze in her tracks when she saw me still in bed, practically staring off into space. "Honey do you know what time it is?"

   "I don't care." I muttered.

"What's wrong?" She asked walking closer to me. Sitting right beside me, she finger combed my hair.

   "Nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing."

My breath became shaky as I deeply inhaled. I tried to keep my tears from falling, but it was no use. They overflowed my face, causing concern for my mom.

    "Sweetheart what happened?" She kissed my forehead, setting down her purse.

   I contemplated on whether or not I should tell her. "Is it because of a boy?"

   It's almost as if she had read my mind. "It's about Andrew." I sniffled, my mom wiping away my tears.

   "Did he do something to you?" Her eyes widened in show as if I had already answered.

  "N-no.."

"Then why are you upset sweetheart?" The memories of what I found out yesterday flooded my brain once again, increasing my sadness. My hatred for Tasha only grew and my love for Andrew remained, despite what happened.

     I didn't want to keep anything from my mom, so I decided to just tell her. I told her about Tasha and everything that she's done to, and I explained how obsessive she is over Andrew.

   I then went further into my rant, to finally reveal the real reason I was such a mess. The one guy that I've felt all these feelings for, is having a kid.

   "According to her, she's pregnant with his baby." I finished. I saw that my mom was still processing everything that I had just said.

   After a moment her eyebrows were raised, as she stared at me finally understanding my pain. "And she's certain that it's his?"