9

"Everyone take out your writers notebooks." Mrs Kennedy instructed.

Oh no..

I lost that book a while ago. I looked into my messy binder in hopes for a few blank sheets of paper. No luck.

I raised my hand while everyone was turning to a new page in their notebooks. Oh dang, am I the only unprepared one? Ha this is actually hilarious.

"I want everyone to write about something they did over the weekend." She sat down in her desk chair completely ignoring me.

   I have so much to write about if you know what I mean. But I won't.

Are you kidding me? Did she not see my hand oh so high in the air?

My arm is starting to get tired!

Hellloooooo!

You know what screw this. I got up from my seat and started towards my language arts teachers' organized desk.

She had long bleach blonde hair with side-swept bangs. It didn't really look like she brushed it seeing that there were knots everywhere. She looked like she could be in her mid 50's or 60's.

I can understand that her old age may be catching up to her and maybe she just didn't see me. But that's what her glasses were for and she still didn't see me.

"Mrs. Kennedy, can I borrow a few pieces of paper?" I asked her, her eyes glued to the computer screen.

  "Hmm.. what?" She quickly looked up at me with her eyebrows raised.

  Is she for real right now?

"Can I borrow some paper?"

"What's wrong with your book?" She questioned.

"I don't know where it is." I confessed.

Whoops.

"Well you need it for this class ms.Freely." She began to raise her voice a little.

"I'm sorry."

"Be more responsible next time." She rummaged through her desk drawers giving me three or four pages of loose leaf paper.

I turned to walk away with an eye roll.

She needs to calm down. If I need to be more responsible you need to notice when a student is raising their hand.

   I sat down at my desk once again getting ready to write. One small problem.

   I don't have a pencil either. Wow my life is really sad.

   I looked around the floor for any pens or pencils left on the floor. Luckily there was a #2 pencil under my desk, only it was split in half.

   Oh well good enough for me.

  I started to write about ice skating with my friends on Friday. I didn't want to mention Josh or Andrew, considering that she will be reading this.

   I'm not the best writer so this wouldn't take long. Maybe one and a half to two pages at the most.

I felt my phone buzz from my back pocket. I reached for it to check the notification. I saw a text from Josh.

Josh: Thinking of you❤️❤️

  Aw he's so sweet! I sent him red hearts in a reply as the smile remained on my face.