34

It's now Friday, the day of my sleepover. I'm at dance, taking a drink of water before heading home. Right after school I had to get to dance for my four classes. I've been here since 4:30, and it's now 8:00.

    Thank god it's finally over. I don't think I could do another pirouette. It's not that I don't like dance, I mean I love it, it's just one of the most exhausting things ever.

   I grabbed my dance bag, heading out to my moms car. She decided to pick me up a half hour earlier so that we can set up for later. Besides I needed to take a shower, considering how incredibly disgusting I feel.

   "Hey mom." I greeted, getting into the passenger side of my moms white car.

   "Hi honey, how was dance?" She asked driving out of the parking lot. She went at a steady pace down the main road.

   "It's was fine."

   I turned up the radio, listening to Shape of you by Ed Sheeran. His new song is probably the best thing I've ever heard. I mean I'm no fan of his, but I'm in love with that song.

   "I cleaned the house and set up a few things while you were away." My mom explained.

  "Alright well I'll just get ready and clean my room when we get home." I replied. Before I knew it we had arrived.

   The front door opened, revealing the organized house. There were balloons in the living room, and different snacks on the kitchen table. Tonight was going to be fun.

   I made my way upstairs, taking my shower. Different versions of how tonight would all play out ran through my head as I quickly shampooed my hair. I couldn't wait for my friends to come.

   I've had such a rough couple of weeks, and I needed something to get my mind off of Andrew, Josh, and Tasha just for a couple hours. I didn't want to have to deal with any of it tonight.

    I'll try to invite Josh since it'd mean a lot if he came, but I have very low expectations. We hadn't really talked since our last argument. Hopefully my invitation would lead to a smooth recovery.

I bet you a million dollars he'd have some lousy excuse as to why he can't make it. And extra million if he pulls the 'my dad lost his license' card.

I blow dried and straightened my hair. The bruises aren't as visible as they were last week, but they haven't gone away completely. I applied a little extra makeup than usual, hiding the discoloration.

I wore the purple shirt that Andrew bought me for my birthday. I loved that shirt, it had fit me perfectly. I wasn't even aware that Andrew was paying attention to me going nuts over a dressy top.

The whole time I thought he was bored out of his mind, shopping with a girl. It turns out he was paying attention. He saw what I liked and went out of his way to buy it for me.

  And that necklace he bought me, I did not expect for him pay $40. He didn't have to but he insisted. Andrew wanted to buy me that necklace because he cares.

   Cares about me.

     Josh wouldn't spend the little money he had to buy me a sterling silver necklace. As much as he loves me, he wouldn't spend that much on a gift. Not for me, not for anyone.

   You saw the necklace he was able to buy. A cheap necklace with a small plastic diamond on the front. That's what he bought me.