67

I left the school building that same day, unable to shake the thought of how broken  Andrew must feel. I can't believe I thought that him not coming to school was because of me. How selfish can I be?

   I imagined what it must have felt like for him. He already lost his dad when he was younger, the last thing he needed was to lose his older brother.

   From what I understood they'd been extremely close. They were more than just older and younger brother. They were the best of friends. And to lose someone you've created a strong bond with is unbearable.

   Just thinking about it makes me so devastated. I feel an emptiness inside of me along with an unpleasant tightness in my chest.

   I didn't know how exactly he died but I can't imagine it was from 'natural causes.' After all, Andrew did say that he killed himself.

    The absolutely crazy part about that situation, is that it was all for a girl. A girl that didn't appreciate him for the wonderful person that I strongly believe he was. If Nicholas Hills was anything like his brother, it'd be a shame for someone with such an amazing personality and heart to take their own life.

    Hearing about that made me think, what it would be like if god forbid, Andrew died or killed himself. God, no! I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. I don't think I'd be able to move on from something like that.

    Just hearing about Nick gives me a terrible gut feeling and I didn't even know him. If something similar happened to Andrew, I don't think that this temporary feeling would ever go away. If anything it'd be worse. Considering that I love him, it'd destroy me.

    There would be no coming back from that kind of heartache. It'd tear me apart.

   "Ashley!" A husky voice called out to me. I scanned the parking lot looking for the source of the voice. More particularly, I was looking for Andrew. I'd know that voice anywhere.

   I raised my eyebrows, stopping in my tracks. He leaned back against his car, wearing his black leather jacket. "Come here stupid." He joked calling me over.

   I rolled my eyes sarcastically, walking over to him with my arms crossed. "You called.."

   "Yes ashley, yes I did."

"How may I help you?" I questioned standing about a foot away from him.

   "Actually I think I can help you." He chuckled. I shifted my weight onto my other leg standing right in front of him.

   "And how's that?"

He shuffled through his wallet, looking through the pockets. Andrew pulled out a small plastic card, holding it up in front of me. There was a picture of him, a monotonous facial expression.

   "You got your license!" I went in for a hug. I wrapped my thin arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes. "Congratulations!"

   "That's the only 'L' I'm taking baby." Andrew exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me. Oh how I desperately missed hugging him. I'm so elated that we're back to the way we were.

  I miss my best friend. Hopefully in the near future we'll become something more. I finally want what he's always wanted.

   I laughed at his remark. "I'm happy that you got your license but.. how is this helping me?" I wondered pulling away. I almost immediately craved his touch.

   He held my hand in his, and we stared into each other's eyes for a moment. Andrew Hills can read minds.

   See I told you there wasn't a thing this guy couldn't do.