68

Andrew's P.O.V (part 3)

[Valentines Day Night]

**Trigger WARNING**

    Walking into my house I'll never forget what I saw. I'll never forget how much the scene on my bathroom floor had affected me that night.

   I was truly forever ruined.

I stood there in the doorway my eyes scanning the small room where my brother laid on the tile floor. I was unable to move, at the scene.

Red blood surrounded him. Nick laid there, with a blade right beside him. Blood poured out from the deep cuts on both of his wrists. I fell to my knees, not caring about staining my expensive suite.

"Nick! N-Nick! Gosh.. what did you do?" My voice broke. I sobbed unable to contain myself. I grabbed a nearby towel, trying to put pressure on the wounds.

His breathing was shallow, going in and out of consciousness. My hands trembled terribly. This isn't freaking happening to me. Not again.

My face was drenched in hot tears as I hugged my brother, who was still laying on the floor. I laid my head on his chest, still in shock from what is going on.

"What the Hell did you do.."

"A-ndrew.. Andrew." I heard his raspy voice whisper. My head shot up and I looked at him, struggling to speak. "Don't cry over me you baby."

"Nick what the-" I started to say, wiping my tears on my shoulder.

"Shut up.."

"Don't leave me man!" I yelled shaking him. "I don't know what I'll do without you."

"I'm sorry Andrew, but I just.. I just couldn't do it." His bottom lip quivered, and I became an emotional car wreck all over again. I actually lost it. "If you knew how I feel, you'd understand."

"How could you do this? Huh? Why are you giving up on me?" I shouted in his face. Anger took over. Angry tears poured down my cheek and I just felt like punching a whole in the wall.

"Come here you little pest." I leaned over to hear what he was about to whisper in my ear. "I'm going to be with dad again.."

I can't believe this kid was giving up. He was giving up because of a freaking girl and it killed me. All he wanted was the girl he fell in love with, and she didn't feel the same.

Over a girl that didn't give a crap about him, he decided to end his life. He decided to slit his wrists and lay here on the bathroom floor. To just lay here and bleed out onto the floor. He was my brother for god sakes!

He can't just quit on me now! I need him in my life. He's part of the little family that I've got left and he just ended his life. It felt like my dad was dying all over again. Sure I was only two years old, but I've memorized the feeling of death.

It haunted me for years. Now that I've finally learned to move passed it, with Nick there by my side I'd have to get through it all over again.

On my own.

"I hate you! You bastard!" I growled, my face turning red with rage. How could he leave me here? Didn't he know that he had an entire life ahead of him?

Was he that miserable?

"I love you little man.. always remember that. I love you." His eyes slowly closed and I shook him, trying to wake him up.

"Nick! Nick!"

"I hope you get that girl. When you get her, hold on to her and never let her go." And with that his eyes closed again. "Don't make the same mistakes that I did."

And those were his last words.

I sat there cradling him in my arms for hours, until I realized he wasn't coming back. Like my dad, he was gone. He was dead.

He had bled out on the bathroom floor right before my eyes. My brother, and best friend was gone. The one person I looked up to, had left me here alone. He gave up on living his life for some spoiled girl. He completely shut down because she didn't love him back.

Well you know what? I love you! I freaking love you! We've always been there for each other. I told you we'd get through this together. I told you I'd introduce you to ashley, the light of my life.

But you made a choice. You made a choice that had affected me more than words could ever describe. Another piece of my already broken heart was missing. You just up and died.

You killed yourself! You went and killed your self and now I'll probably never see you again. I looked up to you brother, I saw you as an example. I thought you were the strongest person I'd known. I guess I was wrong.

You couldn't handle the feeling of not being loved. You chose another girl over me. You chose to seek her irrelevant opinion and love over mine. I love you Nick.

I just wish you'd seen that sooner.

A strong hand covered my shoulder and I jumped. I looked back to see that it was my uncle. "I'm so sorry Andrew.."

I couldn't find the strength to talk. So I just sat there with my older brothers blood on my hands. He's actually gone.

I should've tried to at least help him. But I didn't try hard enough. I failed my brother today. I failed my dad, my mom, my whole family. I should've done better.

I should've kept him alive.

•••

Sorta short but I thought I should write about his brothers suicide a little bit. It's not my best writing but I hope it wasn't too unrealistic.. let me know your thoughts.