36

Why would Josh hang out with her at his house? I just don't understand. Someone please help me understand what is going on here!

   I was going to wait till Monday but I just couldn't. Last night I didn't sleep at all, since I just couldn't stop think about what could've happened. Different scenarios coursed through my mind, each one being ten times worse than the last.

   It brought me to tears, just thinking of the two of them together. How could he do this to me? It couldn't have been someone else? It had to be Tasha freaking Hailand?

  I don't understand why. Is he trying to get back at me for being with Andrew? That's just cruel.

   How could he do this to me?

The following day after my friends went home, I had Andrew give me a ride to the rink. I was going to have a little talk with my boyfriend. I knew that this wasn't going to end well since every time I come here something goes wrong.

My gut warned me to turn back but unneeded to hear his side of the story.

    He had practice till three in the afternoon so I'd make it quick. "Are you sure you don't want me to go in with you?" He asked as I gave him the helmet I was just wearing.

    "I'll be fine, just give me five minutes."

"Alright whenever your ready. I'll be here." I smiled at him before turning to the entrance. I stormed into ice skating looking for Josh. He wasn't on the ice so I assumed he was in the locker rooms.

    I was too angry to knock on the door of the locker rooms so I just walked in. My eyes widened at the sight of all those shirtless guys.

   I just walked in on them changing! What is wrong with me? I turned and closed the door before Josh walked out.

   "Ash? What are you doing here?" Josh asked putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off looking up at him.

   "Can we talk?"

"Sure come on." He led me to a private hallway. "What's up?"

   "I saw Tasha's snapchat.." I started, looking into his icy blue eyes. I crossed my arms waiting for his excuse.

   "What?"

"Why couldn't you come over my house yesterday?" I demanded.

   "I had family problems ash! You know this."

"I didn't know your family problems involved Tasha!" I yelled. "I'm not stupid."

   "What are you talking about?" His face turned red from the embarrassment. Was he really trying to lie to me about this?

    "I saw your arm around Tasha on her snapchat story!" I shoved him with all the strength I had. He flipped his switch, going from embarrassment to a full on rage.

   "What is your problem?" He raged pushing me off him.

"Did you cheat on me?"

I felt tears welling up in my eyes at the sudden question. He hesitated before stammering.

"N-no I would nev-"

"Your lying!" I shouted wiping away my tears. He cupped my face and I ripped away from his hold. Shoving him out of anger. "Don't touch me!"

I swung a small fast aiming it at his chest and a painful grip caught my wrist. "Are you accusing me of lying?" He seethed. His tone was beginning to frighten me and without thinking I slapped him across the face.

Now he looked like he was about to explode. He turned around combing his hands through his hair. I slapped him in the back screaming at him to tell me the truth. I stopped when he suddenly turned around and I felt the back of his hand slam against my cheek.

D-did he just.. hit me? This time tears streamed down my face. I looked at him unable to recognize this side of Josh. I saw the remorse on his face, once he realized what he had done.

"Ash I-I did-.. don't tell anyone!"

I ran out of there and into the girls bathroom. Covering my mouth with one hand I sat in the stall, locking it behind me. I put down the toilet seat cover sitting there still in shock.

My head fell into my hands as I erupted in uncontrollable sobs. I couldn't help but hyperventilate.

The sting of tears filled my eyes, as the spot he'd hit me throbbed with pain.

It all came as a shock. I wasn't expecting him to hurt me like that. I didn't even think he was capable of hitting anyone, let alone me.

His girlfriend.

I need to calm down, I can't let Andrew see me like this. I'm a mess. I can't tell him about this. Knowing him he'd kill Josh with his bare hands.

If not with his knife.

After about ten minutes I wiped away the last of my tears splashing some cold water from the sink onto my face. Luckily no one was in the bathroom to see me.

This was humiliating.

How am I going to face him at school? I don't know if I can.

I looked in the mirror at the red hand mark on my face. I felt like screaming and crying but I can't do that here. I need to leave.

I can't be here anymore. I want to go home in the comfort of my bed. Good thing I'd have a heavy helmet over my face to cover it up.

I finally worked up the courage to walk out. Josh was fortunately nowhere to be seen so rushed outside of the place. I'm never ever coming back here again.

I saw Andrew sitting on his bike patiently waiting for me. "There you are." He smiled. I felt like crying into his arms but I can't. I can't let him know about this. At least not yet.

"Let's go."

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked, the worry in his eyes.

"I-I'm fine." I stammered, not making eye contact. I took the helmet out of his hands about to get on when he cups my face in his hands.

"Are you sure?" He saw the sadness in my eyes but didn't push into telling him.

"Yeah.." he didn't believe me but without further question, we drove off.

•••

Who else hates Josh as much as I do??