66

I'm already regretting my decision to come to school. Colleen thought that I should come to school and get this week over with.

    I wasn't in any mood to run into Tasha or Andrew or anyone. I wanted to just lock myself in my room and pretty much never come out. Great plan am I right?

   I don't have to worry about anything from inside my own freaking house. But Colleen being Colleen forced me to come back to hell. I walked to my locker to see all three of my friends standing in a cluster, beside Colleen. "Ash what happened?" Ava questioned as I put in my combination.

   "What do you mean?" My face scrunched unaware of what was going on.

   "The party! You just left us there." Mara explained. Oh shoot! I completely forgot about that. Wow I'm such a terrible friend.

    "I'm sorry guys."

"She went home with Andrew." Colleen said teasingly. She did a dance with her eyebrows exchanging a look between all of us. I winced at the mention of his name.

   "Wait a minute.. what!" Ava screamed. A few people turned to look at our friend that was over reacting just a tad.

    "Calm down. I was drunk and he just wanted to make sure I got home safe."

    "You got drunk? Where have I been this entire time?"

    "In space." Mara answered laughing at her own joke.

   I emptied my school bag and shoving it in my stuffed locker. With the amount of trash that I had in here, it was inevitable that it would jam. Oh well, that's what a janitor is for.

   "You and Andrew didn't.. you know.." Ava asked. I knew what she was referring to and I shot her an "are-you-kidding-me" glare.

  "Are you out of your freaking mind?" I burst into laughter. "He was too busy with Tasha, not me."

    Colleen gave me a sympathetic look. She knew what had happened two nights ago. "Your hilarious." I continued.

    It was quiet between us as I closed my locker starting to walk. The four of us walked in a straight line, my blonde ponytail swaying back and forth. I wasn't in the mood for anything today.

   No social interactions or too many pointless questions that Mara knows how to ask. No one better cross me today, or I'll flip out.

    Sitting in my desk beside Colleen I snuck my phone behind my books. I don't care if I get caught, it's my phone I'll do whatever I want with it. If I want to check my snapchat I will. If I want to scroll through Instagram I freaking will.

     And that's that.

                                           •••

    I sat in my language arts class watching the clock slowly tick. I looked down at my piece of lined paper outlining a poorly drawn heart in the bottom corner. We were assigned to write  yet another journal entry about spring break.

   I actually had something to write about, since I did spend some time in Long Beach Island. I just didn't feel like writing. I didn't have the energy to just sit there for forty minutes and write paragraphs of things of the past.

It's all over, why bring it up. I heard the door swing open to reveal Andrew walking into the room late as usual. I quickly picked up my pencil starting to write, trying to look busy. I wasn't up to talking to him after that night.

I don't want to hear his sorry apologies because it's probably just make things worse. I kept my head down looking occupied. "Hey ash."

He sat down beside me. I heard a sadness in his voice. Ugh, here we go. I didn't say anything in response, continuing my first paragraph.

"Can we talk about Sunday night?" He whispered. I turned my head.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I didn't want you to see me like that..with her." Andrew said.

" I don't care." I lied to his face. I did care and it was eating me alive. I didn't want him to know that. If I showed weakness there's no telling what could happen.

"Just talk to me, I hate that we've become like this. We used to be so close."

Are you kidding me?

"How did you think I felt when you didn't even bother to show your face in school for weeks? When you wouldn't even answer my calls or texts?" I hissed at him dropping my pencil. "You gave me the freaking cold shoulder for months. Do you know how much that hurt me Andrew? To know that me not kissing you that night, scared you off."

"God damn it ashley! That wasn't because of you!" He said loudly. People turned to look at us and I grew a little flustered, but he didn't care.

   "Keep your voice down." I shushed. He seemed a little irritated. Everyone turned back around, not paying us any mind. "Then why were you so distant? I blamed myself for months."

   "Because ashley freely, my brother committed suicide."

   Nooo..

My mouth hung open, as my features softened. I instantly forgot about why I was upset for a moment. "I had no idea Andrew.." I reached for his hand, his eyes holding pain.

    "It's alright, you didn't know." He put his other hand over mine, clenching his jaw.

   "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry."

"You can tell me anything.." I smiled.

  He smiled at me, and I tightened my grip. I couldn't believe it. His brother actually killed himself.

    I didn't even know him, but I just feel so terrible. I should've known it was something more than a stupid kiss that was bothering him.

                                            •••

   Let me know what you think..