33

"Everyone should have up to eight journal entries so far." My language arts teacher announced getting up from her desk chair. All of my classmates grabbed their black and white composition books from underneath their desks.

Whoops! I don't even have a journal, just loose pieces of lined paper. I don't even think I have eight. Four entries at most.

"I will be going around to see your entries." Well this is going to be interesting.

"I don't even have a notebook." Andrew whispered over to me.

"Neither do I, just paper."

Mrs. Kennedy went around flipping through the books, marking things down on a small post it note.

She better appreciate the work I did do. It may not be quality work but it's better than nothing.

I laid out the papers on my desk as she came over to our section of the room. Andrew didn't even bother to come up with an excuse as to why he didn't have his work. He just sat in his seat with his arms crossed.

Mrs. Kennedy slowly picked up my papers looking through them. I could tell she was counting the number of entries, and she didn't look too pleased. "Where are the rest?"

"I didn't do anything special enough to write about." Was my excuse. I probably could've found something to write about but I didn't really feel like it to be perfectly honest with you.

"It doesn't matter. You needed at least eight!" She lectured looking annoyed. She dropped the papers back on the desk marking her post it note. "Your grade isn't good Young lady."

Am I supposed to care? Cuz let me tell you something.. I don't.

I didn't bother answering her, instead I shrugged her disappointment off. Andrew glanced at me with a smirk. "Wow ashley, I'm so disappointed."

"Oh shut up! You didn't even write a single word." I laughed playfully smacking him.

"That's true."

"How about you Andrew? Where's your work?" She asked impatiently.

"I didn't do it." He easily stated.

"No surprise." Mrs. Kennedy was giving up on him more and more everyday. "Your grade is suffering as well young man."

As soon as she walked away we both started cracking up. "Young man?" I asked in between laughs.

"Shut up young lady." We both burst into hard to contain laughter. This was probably the funniest thing that has happened all day.

Our classmates looked back at us, irritated. Well sorry we were laughing. Jeez everyone needs to calm down.

"So I uh.. I heard you were having a party." Andrew changed the subject.

"And where did you hear that?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I may have eavesdropped a little.."

"Well that's not creepy at all."

"It's really not." He chuckled.

"Okay, what about it?" I wondered.

"Can I pull up at your crib?" He asked in a joking manner.